CoinPeople.com

CoinTrader web site

• 2 weeks later...
I got an E-mail last night. It said that my site was in the top 1%.

top 1% of what?

i just had a brief look ... it loads slowly for me (look in another thread--i have lots of bandwidth so that's not the problem). misspellings in the names of forums are kinda a turnoff ... i see only your items listed for sale/trade so far--what are you doing to drive up traffic and interest (other than posting here)?

So, any ideas to make it better?

Where are the misspellings? I'v been known for poor keyboarding skills. The site just loads slow. Its the server.

As far as traffic, I have ordered a few B. cards. The coins I have for sale are from an antique store. I will put cards at his shop. I will invite a dealer from another antique shop to put his coins on it, so he will have my cards also.

Do you think I should take out the wigets?

The misspellings are things like

New Members Forums = New Members' Forums

Feed Back = Feedback

I've joined, it's worth a shot!!

Let me know how you want my coins listed as I have many dozens...

First thing, get a proper domain address!

With a freeweb address, I would be scared to deal with anyone with such address, much more with hotmail, yahoo. etc mail addresses.

That's what I mean by professionalism.

Agreed, that's why I got HistoricCoinage.com, looks much better than HistoricCoinage.freedomainthingy.com, also gets me my own email address domain so I'm happy! :ninja:

But everyone has to start somewhere gxseries so don't knock him for trying!

Where are the misspellings? I'v been known for poor keyboarding skills. The site just loads slow. Its the server

"New members fourm"

instead of asking people to pick out your spelling and grammar errors you should use a spellchecker (most web development tools have these).

what others have said about unprofessional appearance applies.

what you need to do, really, is figure out what others aren't doing and then do that well. what you have done is a fair start, but you have a way to go before this is ready for the public ...

Archived