CoinPeople.com

Please help!

alexbq2

Hi All,

Have been very busy at work, missed a lot of interesting topics! And yes, I did spot the Paul's polushka/denga right away :ninja:

I just received a coin, that I bought on eBay. It looked fake to me then but the seller was very interesting and had stated that this is "Russian copper coin KOPEIKA 1705.NOVODEL. See book "The copper coinage of Russia 1700-1917" Brekke and Bakken. page 107."

I do not have that book, if you do please let me know if that's what I got.

petrKop.jpg

Hi All,

Have been very busy at work, missed a lot of interesting topics! And yes, I did spot the Paul's polushka/denga right away :ninja:

I just received a coin, that I bought on eBay. It looked fake to me then but the seller was very interesting and had stated that this is "Russian copper coin KOPEIKA 1705.NOVODEL. See book "The copper coinage of Russia 1700-1917" Brekke and Bakken. page 107."

Page 107 lists known fakes. This one is an obvious fake and is pictured there.

Thanks! I thought that it looked fake, but decided to get it based on the low price, and the seller had really interesting coins, I ended up buying 5 coins from him (including this one). I'll try to raise an issue with the seller.

Maybe I should get Brekke? :ninja:

If you collect russian copper you should certainly get Brekke catalog and the Brekke/Bakken supplement. I would also get some auction catalogs, like: Brekke collection sale, Prokop collection, Haselgeser sales, Hoiland Russia I - IV. Finally, it is a good idea to get at least a Boston reprint of GM corpus plates. (the list goes on...)

If you collect russian copper you should certainly get Brekke catalog and the Brekke/Bakken supplement. I would also get some auction catalogs, like: Brekke collection sale, Prokop collection, Haselgeser sales, Hoiland Russia I - IV. Finally, it is a good idea to get at least a Boston reprint of GM corpus plates. (the list goes on...)

This is getting expensive! I was hoping that the new Bitkin would cover Brekke.

For a catalog of what's out there, yes, but Brekke comes with some nice articles and many more photos than Bitkin. I like the Diakov books too.

For a catalog of what's out there, yes, but Brekke comes with some nice articles and many more photos than Bitkin. I like the Diakov books too.

I'll keep a look out for Brekke then, if you know where I can pick up a copy please let me know. Currently I'm trying to get the 2008 Conros, and I wouldn't mind getting the new Usupov books. I have the old one, and it is still one of my favorites.

I'll keep a look out for Brekke then, if you know where I can pick up a copy please let me know. Currently I'm trying to get the 2008 Conros, and I wouldn't mind getting the new Usupov books. I have the old one, and it is still one of my favorites.

Markov lists the 1977 Brekke.

Basok lists the Brekke/Bakken supplement.

Original Kopeck of 1705 ,not Novodel.:

http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=946302

Archived