CoinPeople.com

ID Please

daggit

The two that look as if they have a hooka pipe on them LOL I believe are Ottoman, the 6 sided one is Egypt under king farouk, the top left as you look at the screen could well be Indian but I am not absolutly sure and the one with a hole at a guess is Chinese (You watch it will now turn out to be Japanese :ninja:;) as for the treade token I have no idea.

Sorry I cant be more precise.

the coin on the lower left is dated 1327 AH which is 1909 AD and most likely silver and the second 1 (bronze one) only the numbers 55 are clear so its most likely 1255 AH which is 1839.

the six sided 1 is an egyption 2 1/2 paisters king farouk also silver.

the top left is most likely moghul india..hard to tell but the arabic writing on it kinda hints to it. again this isnt normal arabic on it..its scatered in the back and in the front cant realy tell without actually holding the coin up close.

and the holed coin is definitely from the far east. so it can be either japanese or chinese..not an expert in their letters.

hope this info helps

The coin lower left is indeed Ottoman, but struck for Egypt. It is a 5/10 qirsh, struck in the name of Mohammed V. 1327AH (1909) is the year he ascended to the throne. This coin has been struck during his 3rd regnal year (1911). The coin is in copper-nickel (Egupt KM#304)

The hexagonal coin is also Egyptian, 2 piastres KM#369, struck with the bust of king Farouk. Year is 1944 ore 1363AH. This one is 0.500 silver.

The big copper one on the bottom, with ascension year 1255AH is a Turkish Ottoman coin (20 para?)1255AH (1839) was the ascension year to the throne of sultan Abdul Mejid. Regnal year on the coin is 16, so the coin was struck in 1854. Mint name is Qustantinyah (Constantinople or Istambul).

The upper left copper coin looks to me as India, British/Bengal Presidency/Calcutta 1/2 pice KM#56 (26 mm) or 57 (23 mm). The reverse is upside down.

Cash coin is an Kang Hsi reduced weight issue from the poem cash series. It's a Kwangtung mint issue, and in better grade than usual for pieces from that mint. I don't know what Krause says, but I'd say that $10 is fair retail value.

• 3 months later...
The coin lower left is indeed Ottoman, but struck for Egypt. It is a 5/10 qirsh, struck in the name of Mohammed V. 1327AH (1909) is the year he ascended to the throne. This coin has been struck during his 3rd regnal year (1911). The coin is in copper-nickel (Egupt KM#304)

The hexagonal coin is also Egyptian, 2 piastres KM#369, struck with the bust of king Farouk. Year is 1944 ore 1363AH. This one is 0.500 silver.

The big copper one on the bottom, with ascension year 1255AH is a Turkish Ottoman coin (20 para?)1255AH (1839) was the ascension year to the throne of sultan Abdul Mejid. Regnal year on the coin is 16, so the coin was struck in 1854. Mint name is Qustantinyah (Constantinople or Istambul).

I agree, well done bart :ninja:

Archived