CoinPeople.com

Hi guys,

Hi everyone my name is Raoul from Perth West Australia and i occasionally need help in identifying coins which i find while engaging in my hobby of metal detecting. Unfortunately Australia is a young country and my oldest coins are only in the 1800's but i have had a few good finds,3 gold Sovereigns 1 which is a rare date and worth $ thousands of dollars $ and some other pre decimal coins which also are worth quiet a bit.

I hope you don't mind if occasionally i ask for your help in identifying some coins..

Cheers Raoul :ninja:

A warm welcome to you Raoul :ninja:

I rely heavily on detectorists, but for English hammered coins and not pre-Decimal!

If you need any help feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers,

Clive.

Thanks Clive, had a look at your site. Mate you have got some old coins there. Here is a pic of the half Sov i found it was 6" deep and come out of the ground as new condition i thought you might like to see it..... Regards Raoul :ninja:

1882_Sydney_mint_Half_Sovereign__691_x_422_.jpg

You are one lucky devil... That is a very nice 1/2 Sovereign, do you find many Victorian coins in Australia, I would imagine that you would find a lot of George III Cartwheel pennies and twopences as they were shipped to Australia as Proclomation Coins if I remember correctly.

If only I found any of my coins! I have to rely on people like you to buy them from.

Clive.

De Orc thank you for the welcome, lovely collection of coins and Banknotes. Clive you are in the best country for metal detecting and finding valuable artifacts whats stopping you from getting a detector and finding your own hammered and Roman coins apart from the pleasure you get from finding the coins you are also getting a healthy exercise program to keep you fit.

Here is a pic of another valuable coin a 1932 Florin i found in a schools playground i would say the youngster borrowed it from his parents and lost it while playing at school,One of the coin dealers is selling one in similar condition to mine for $1000 dollars .

:ninja: Raoul

1932_Florin.jpg

De Orc seeing you collect Banknotes i have 47 0f these 1910 Berlin notes if you want one i will gladly post you one, that also applies to you to Clive.

Just PM me you address and i will mail it out to you.

:ninja: Raoul

Banknote__534_x_503___480_x_452_.jpg

Clive you are in the best country for metal detecting and finding valuable artifacts whats stopping you from getting a detector and finding your own hammered and Roman coins apart from the pleasure you get from finding the coins you are also getting a healthy exercise program to keep you fit.

I do go out, but not often enough, mostly due to the English weather! :ninja:

But I've had no luck so far, all I ever seem to find is late pre-Decimal and bullet cases... ;)

But I have a few rallies lined up for late Spring, so, fingers crossed!

G'day Raoul - gx here in NSW. I don't have an active passion in the predecimal coinage - simply because once I start a type set... you know you just want them all! ;) 1930 penny would be a real killer :ninja: Here is my decimal circulating coins that I pulled from circulation: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/austype/aus_decimal.htm

Welcome to coinpeople by the way Raoul ;)

Hi Kelly ,thanks for the welcome.

Hi gx nice to see a fellow ozzie here, friend of mine years ago found a 1930 penny while metal detecting, though it wasn't in great condition he still sold it for a few thousand dollars.

I'm hoping for a Holy dollar for my next find....

Cheers Raoul

Archived