CoinPeople.com

Working on my Early American copper coin Project

numismatic nut

I read the link information but what does the project consist of? If its acquiring a type coin from each series that shouldn't take tooo long. but if its varieties..

• 3 weeks later...
Arrrrgh!! are you some sort of superhuman teenager or what? I really would like to have your stamina is all I can say. What kind of coin club are do you imagine yourself running? Like a ANA chapter or something? ;)

Well, I can flip my legs behind my head; but thats beond the fact. :ninja:

I am thinkinf of an informal coin club. Like meet bi-monthly. The club could join the ANA (I have the paper work all filled out). I just need to figure out how many members I would have. Then I could send it in. The forst meeting I am hoping is in june.

Well, I can flip my legs behind my head; but thats beond the fact. :ninja:

I am thinkinf of an informal coin club. Like meet bi-monthly. The club could join the ANA (I have the paper work all filled out). I just need to figure out how many members I would have. Then I could send it in. The forst meeting I am hoping is in june.

Are there any coin clubs ONLY for Young Numismatists? As in - the meetings and budget are all handled by 22 and younger?

Good luck with the club and with your Early American Coppers project. The project is great and I'm sure you'll do well with it.

• 4 months later...

Lamnia forem! <-- Coins forever in latin. The club motto. I have a club E-mail and website. I have a few coin peeps offer help (thanks guys!). I am doing a member count on 9-1-08. After I start the club I will send in for a braided hair large cent! I have a few articals, and two people from my boy scout troop intrestede in the club.

Well my printer is down, but I have posters saved on my computer and once I send in the papers my club will show on the ANA club list/search.

The club is one of the parts of the project. I need to be part of a ANA group. So I made one.

The other two requirements are done. I made a NCW display and gave a talk to my Boy Scout troop about coins.

Lamnia forem! <-- Coins forever in latin. The club motto. I have a club E-mail and website. I have a few coin peeps offer help (thanks guys!). I am doing a member count on 9-1-08. After I start the club I will send in for a braided hair large cent! I have a few articals, and two people from my boy scout troop intrestede in the club.

Lamnia instead of Nummia?

I used a free translator.... Maby not the best; but I think it'll work. Come to think of it I entered coins, not numismatics into the translator. Live and learn.

Context remains a weak spot for the translators :ninja:

As to a forum or web site for YN's, a few suggested that several times on the PCGS forum web site. Never amounted to anything. And they have about 27,000 members so many are YN's.

If your a pretty decent writer of material on coins, you may want to submit some to coin magazines. There is one YN on the PCGS web site that has had articles in Coin World and some others. He is also in some coin clubs and writes for thier papers also. From what I remember he is only 13 or 14.

Sure would be something if enough YN's got together and started thier own publication on coins.

Someone has to take over in the future and why should they have to work for us old people?

Archived