CoinPeople.com

Littleton Coin Company

Uncle Charlie

They have pretty catalogs and nice coins but their prices are waaaay high.

Pretty catalogs? I'm not sure that that is a great selling point for an organization though. Thier reputation of being overpriced, poorly graded coins, lousy constructed albums may just be a little more important.

Pretty catalogs? I'm not sure that that is a great selling point for an organization though. Thier reputation of being overpriced, poorly graded coins, lousy constructed albums may just be a little more important.

I like their albums, what's so bad about them? Plus I think their coins aren't poorly graded, just poorly priced that's all. I did learn something new though, the packages for their coins contain PVC. I thought they didn't. Well.... at least I know now. :ninja:

Pretty catalogs? I'm not sure that that is a great selling point for an organization though.

I like pretty catalogs, Victoria's Secret makes pretty catalogs and I don't buy what they're selling, well, not for myself... :ninja:

I personally never bought from them but looking at there prices seems to be inflated. You can get coins much cheaper then that. But then again, it is a business, so if they can make money with those prices, I guess why not. It's veteran collectors and people who are actually searching for value are the once that won't buy from them. I personally like to shop at gainsvillecoins.com for modern coins and sometimes at govtmint.com for all coins when the price is right. Lots of times they will have good prices.

They are a member of the ANA, so they are ok, but I would not buy real rare coins from them.

Just because someone is a member of an organization doesn't make them ethically sound. I am speaking generally here, but don't trust someone just because they are an ANA member, trust someone because they have a good reputation.

I've never dealt with Littleton, but my grandfather has, on approval, canceled on the first coin. No problems. Personally I wouldn't bother, when you can get most type coins at or under bid, why would you?

Trust me on this, ANY institution is susceptible to corruption. This includes the ANA among others. I am not saying they are corrupt, but a code of ethics sadly means very little to most people today.

I think the ANA should count toward them, but in determining their true value you have to take an overview on them. Which includes how good their pricing, customer service, and quality is. Personally I think they rank high in customer service and fair in quality, but take a dip in pricing. Keep it coming guys it's geting hot, just make sure to tell us some of their ad numbers! :ninja:

A couple of months ago, they were selling an ASE for $4.95. I called and ordered one, said "no" to all the other "hot deals" the girl tried to sell me, and in a couple of weeks got my silver eagle. I love it when someone will sell me a $20 coin for $5...

A couple of months ago, they were selling an ASE for $4.95. I called and ordered one, said "no" to all the other "hot deals" the girl tried to sell me, and in a couple of weeks got my silver eagle. I love it when someone will sell me a $20 coin for $5...

I love it also.

Archived