CoinPeople.com

Any news from the Kuenker auction today?

bobh

:ninja:

If anyone has the prices realized for these lots, it would be greatly appreciated:

8877 50 Kopeek 1903

8879 50 Kopeek 1904

8884 5 Roubles 1910

8886 5 Roubles 1911

8898 5 Kopeek 1913-EB

;)

:ninja:

50 Kopek 1903 (sold for €12.000)

Not bad for a lacquered coin! (zaponiert = coated with lacquer)

There are only 19 of these coins in existence, possibly less. All were struck as proofs. Dmitry Markov had one in two separate auctions; don't know if they were the same coin or not, though. I believe one was sold in 2005 and the other in 2006; I saw the latter one in Basel. It was in an NGC slab and graded MS-62 PL, IIRC ... interesting that it wasn't attributed as a proof! I believe it sold for a mere $5,000.

This must be a new record for this type of coin!

Thats amazing. I know the Avesta pyataks were up there but.... WOW! Must have been a hell of a bidding war between a pair of Moscow Billionaires.

It's the 1778.....very rarely seen. There are only 4 of them so far in my auction database.

Steve

I have an identical modern copy of the polushka that was sold as nr 8628. At the time of purchase (around 8-10 years ago) I regretted paying as much as 4 DM for it. It is simply too clumsy an attempt even for a fake.

Offer it for 250EUR to the Kuenker underbidder :ninja:

Looks like lot 8590 sold pretty high :ninja:

Its a very rare medal.. even rarer for the one with greek writing and concerns the greeks and other immigrants that moved to Krim under Catherine's Greek project... I hope I still got it am an not medal-less....!! If any people on this thread see one kicking about please let me know.

Its a very rare medal.. even rarer for the one with greek writing and concerns the greeks and other immigrants that moved to Krim under Catherine's Greek project... I hope I still got it am an not medal-less....!! If any people on this thread see one kicking about please let me know.

I see. In Diakov's catalog the one with greek writing is marked as the one having higher rarity rating. But only a knowlegable collector who is actually trying to find the object knows the true rarity rating. :ninja:

Anybody else get anything?

3 1/2 month ago, in one of the smaller German auction houses with only a handfull of Russian coins, I won a rare 1729 rouble of Peter II (type of 1727). In Kunker auction there was another one in about the same grade, struck slightly off centre and only slightly different veriety. So I wanted to get it too. In Kunker it sold for 2 1/2 times higher than the one I won just a few month ago.

People, go for smaller auctions!

Archived