CoinPeople.com

What am I missing here?

bobh

Yes, I bought my 1765-EM novodel 5 kopek coin (Brekke 205) from him last September, and the transaction and coin were both very satisfactory. This seller turns over a lot of coins, so maybe he was just careless. Besides, some references do not list any difference in rarity between the two mintmasters, although more recent ones such as Kazakov do. Maybe he thought it wouldn't matter? :ninja:

Hi Bob. Just caught your mention of the B205 1765EM novo 5K. I have the B206b version bought in 2000 at the Goldberg Hesselgesser sale. Just curious if it is "en plastique" as they say in Paris. Mine has an NGC tag, but at the time NGC wasn't putting the big piataks in slabs, so mine is in a poly envelope. Even though it's a novodel, I love the big Russian coppers, and, as they were collector coins, they're usually in very nice condition. Maybe you could post a picture or is it already on omnicoin? Mine is. (collection = ahlbeback)

Marv Finnley

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Bob. Just caught your mention of the B205 1765EM novo 5K. I have the B206b version bought in 2000 at the Goldberg Hesselgesser sale. Just curious if it is "en plastique" as they say in Paris. Mine has an NGC tag, but at the time NGC wasn't putting the big piataks in slabs, so mine is in a poly envelope. Even though it's a novodel, I love the big Russian coppers, and, as they were collector coins, they're usually in very nice condition. Maybe you could post a picture or is it already on omnicoin? Mine is. (collection = ahlbeback)

Marv Finnley

Hello Marv,

Mine is not slabbed. I bought it on eBay, but it has been in Jim Elmen's WWC auctions on two separate occasions (lot numbers are somewhere above, in this thread). My photos of it are here:

http://hairgrove-goldberg.com/Gallery/russ...-1765-em-pyatak

I'll be looking around omnicoin shortly for yours ... thanks! :ninja:

Archived