CoinPeople.com

Russia Coins

tqc2002

Hi everybody,

Happy New year to you all ;)

I've just starting my new collection of coins and I decided that it would be - COINS FROM RUSSIA.

I'm new so I need some help if I may.

I need to know from wich year to start collecting - is it 1917 or maybe later? or mybe earlier?

What are the coin in circulation of russian coins?

is there any kind of devision into series (sort by years ) of the coins of Russia?

if so, What are the coins in each series?

Where can I find a good reference of the coins of Russia - Links with Pictures would be great, if there are any.

I'm also intrested in variations of the coins - I know that there are variation in Mint marks, I'm intersting in all varaitions.

Thanks in advanced

TQ

is the 10p a coin in circulation?

enclosed 2 coins of my new born collection :ninja:

Rouble_10_1993.jpg

Rouble_5_1992.jpg

Hi everybody,

Happy New year to you all ;)

I've just starting my new collection of coins and I decided that it would be - COINS FROM RUSSIA.

I'm new so I need some help if I may.

I need to know from wich year to start collecting - is it 1917 or maybe later? or mybe earlier?

What are the coin in circulation of russian coins?

is there any kind of devision into series (sort by years ) of the coins of Russia?

if so, What are the coins in each series?

Where can I find a good reference of the coins of Russia - Links with Pictures would be great, if there are any.

I'm also intrested in variations of the coins - I know that there are variation in Mint marks, I'm intersting in all varaitions.

Thanks in advanced

TQ

is the 10p a coin in circulation?

enclosed 2 coins of my new born collection :ninja:

Here's a good link for you:

http://www.coinpeople.com/Russian-Coin-Forums-f11.html

It depends on what you want to collect. Unfortunately with the crazy price of the Russian coins these days, even modern Russian coins are a challenge to collect! :ninja: It's better to limit what you want to collect.

Coins from the Soviet era are now quite difficult to collect from the data that I have gathered. The coins that you have shown were only used in 1992 and 93 but were quickly discontinued in 1995 due to the economic situation in Russia. In 1997 a new coinage was formed which is still continued to be used until now.

Here is my collection that you might be interested in: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/rus_new_type/1992_2007.htm

• 4 weeks later...

If you are just starting out with Russian coins, be very careful of 'not authentic' or 'counterfeit' coins. Some are even being sold on EBAY. Your best bet is to stick with those certified by companies such as PCGS.

I believe I heard that even the Chinese were counterfeiting Russian Roubles!! Be very careful.

Archived