CoinPeople.com

What is a good numismatic momento for 2007?

Nightwing

This is the first year that I HAVEN'T bought the annual mint proof set. I'd say that or the mint sets are good mementos because they are great representations of the designs on coins that year.

Every Year I pass out Uncirculated and Proof sets from the Mint as Christmas Presents. I alway keep a few for myself. However, there is nothing that reminds me or anyone of anything special when you get or give the same thing all the time. For example if I asked anyone I gave them to what significents does the coins from 1987 mean to you. I would get a HUH? Same thing every year so what.

I would think a monumental coin that you always wanted. With me it was a 1922 Plain Lincoln Cent in MS grade. Now I will remember this year for that.

What's the most memorable event of the year for you in 2007?

If its international a coin set you can display from the impacted countries might be nice.

If its international a coin set you can display from the impacted countries might be nice.

No real memorable event except that I started actively collecting the presidential coin series which really introduced me to the hobby of coin collecting for the first time. So I thought it might be fun to commemorate the year. One idea I had was a 2007 American Eagle proof for 2007, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I am considering starting my own 50 state quarters collection even though my folks started one for me years ago. (I thought it might be fun to actively seek out the coins myself even though we are getting towards the end of the program).

From a Euroland POV, the cash changeover in Slovenia was of course an interesting event. Especially nice for coin collectors: They are in the "eight different obverse designs for the eight denominations" camp, like Austria, Greece or Italy. http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/the_eu...oins8685_en.htm

Christian

From a Euroland POV, the cash changeover in Slovenia was of course an interesting event. Especially nice for coin collectors: They are in the "eight different obverse designs for the eight denominations" camp, like Austria, Greece or Italy. http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/the_eu...oins8685_en.htm

Christian

I like the man sewing stars.

I like to get the mint and proof sets too, but I think Carl is right - after a few years they won't speak to you of the year they're from as much as other options could.

I personally like to be sure and add elongated coins to my collection whenever I get the chance. Part coin, part exonumia, and very memorable. I added a few from Germany and a few from Key West, FL this year, and I think they will always remind me nicely of what I got up to in 2007.

That design is based on Ivan Grohar's "Sower" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Grohar . Many collectors will be familiar with another sower, Oscar Roty's "Semeuse" which can be found on various French coins. So now we have both a female and a male sower ...

Christian

Ah yes, the French sower is nice as well. I think overall as far as Euros go I prefer the French designs.

Archived