CoinPeople.com

Rulers of England 1901 - Present

These Victorian medals like this particular example:

yhvic.jpg

Are most stunning for the lovely portrait of her, one wonders that this would have been nice on the coinage issued during her reign. I do believe a talented artist can flatter the subject with the mastery of their artwork, and create a unique and affectionate portrait. This surely is an example therein.

These Victorian medals like this particular example:

yhvic.jpg

Are most stunning for the lovely portrait of her, one wonders that this would have been nice on the coinage issued during her reign. I do believe a talented artist can flatter the subject with the mastery of their artwork, and create a unique and affectionate portrait. This surely is an example therein.

I agree with you on all points. this bust rates with anything Wyon or Pistrucci put in medal. On the other hand I have some in my collection, same time frame, that are grotesque in comparison.

Exceptional set of medals. The toning patterns are interesting. The obverse appear to have been exposed to the elements while the reverses were better protected. I'm assuming they are housed in a box or boxes, obverse up. The boxes have served to keep the reverses relatively sealed while the obverses are displayed with the boxes open or there is more room for air circulation around the obverse of the medal. An interesting example of the life of a medal and the progression of toning.

I agree with you on all points. this bust rates with anything Wyon or Pistrucci put in medal. On the other hand I have some in my collection, same time frame, that are grotesque in comparison.

Oh surely you canna mean this one:

1837unlistedc.jpg

Which is rather distantly beyond merely hideous

Archived