CoinPeople.com

Probably the best Job lot of coins i have ever won at my local Auction room !

dooly

:ninja:;);):D:D

Hi all .. What a day i have had at my local auction rooms a blinding collection of World coins were up for sale and no other coin collectors there ;) if it was always like this it would be a nice life..

What i am planing to do is post pictures of the finds in the lot starting with the coins i have NOT been able it identify/value with a hope that those with more knowledge can point me in the right direction as to there identification and aprox value

as i will have to let some of them go as there were hundreds in the lot and i am planing to keep the most unusual/rarest of them..

so here are a few for you to pass comment on ... More to follow :D

COIN 1:

UKN1.jpg

UKN1r.jpg

COIN 2:

NEDIND.jpg

NEDINDr.jpg

COIN 3:

UKN2r.jpg

UKN2.jpg

What do you think? want to see some more ??

All the best and thanks for the help dooly ;)

Third is a 5 schilling (or 1/12 Speziestaler) 1797 Schleswig - Holstein (a German State) at that time under Christian VII of Denmark.

Thanks for that :ninja: is it worth any thing?

Thats two identified so i will photo some more !!

Thanks for that :ninja: is it worth any thing?

Thats two identified so i will photo some more !!

OK hear you go 3 more from the lot

COIN 4:

SSPAIN1882.jpg

SSPAIN1882r.jpg

COIN 5:

GHAM.jpg

COIN 6:

HAM.jpg

Happy hunting ;)

According to my (old) krause the value is between 12 and 25$ for this grade.

Thanks for that dont think i will put it in the "keepy" pile then :ninja:

Coin # 4 is a Philippines 50 Centimos 1882. I canot see if the last digit of the date is clear 2 or it is a 2 over 0 or 2 over 1 (three variants exists for this year). Anyway, value isn't under 10$.

Coin #5 is a medieval French, not my best domain...

#6 ???

Coin # 4 is a Philippines 50 Centimos 1882. I cannot see if the last digit of the date is clear 2 or it is a 2 over 0 or 2 over 1 (three variants exists for this year). Anyway, value isn't under 10$.

Coin #5 is a medieval French, not my best domain...

#6 ???

Thanks for that i guesses it was from the Philippines but it has been missed ot of the new krause book !! i will have a look for the over-date when i find where i have put it down .. i have cois all over at the moment :ninja:

Coin 5 yep i recon its french also but like yourself my knowledge is well pants.

No:6 could it be from the Ionian islands ?

hear is one i know what it is ;)

LUX.jpg

LUXr.jpg

all the best dooly ;)

No:6 could it be from the Ionian islands ?

I don't know: Ionian Islands, Venice , Dalmatia, somewhere from Mediterranean. All I can say it is NOT Wallachian, Hungarian, Austrian, German or Russian.

Yes, coin #5 (where is the reverse?) is a medieval French jeton: AVE MARIA GRASIA PLENA (Hail, Mary full of grace), with fleur-de-lis in the field. Reverse could be a trefoil ou quatrefoil (3- or 4-leaved design) with the letters A V E and then a small cross in the corners...

I don't know: Ionian Islands, Venice , Dalmatia, somewhere from Mediterranean. All I can say it is NOT Wallachian, Hungarian, Austrian, German or Russian.

My guess is Venice. It looks like the winged lion of St. Mark, symbolic of Venice.

Yes, coin #5 (where is the reverse?) is a medieval French jeton: AVE MARIA GRASIA PLENA (Hail, Mary full of grace), with fleur-de-lis in the field. Reverse could be a trefoil ou quatrefoil (3- or 4-leaved design) with the letters A V E and then a small cross in the corners...

Wow thanks for all the great information..

How about these "hard" coins

JAPr.jpg

JAP.jpg

JAPS.jpg

JAPSr.jpg

The first one is actually a "gold" coin, called 2 bu and the silver one is 1 shu. The gold coin if I am not mistaken is a cheap alloy of gold and silver, perhaps 14k at best. But even though, those two coins are relatively "inexpensive" for it's age, although some of the rarer varieties are starting to command absurd prices slowly. As you can see, the silver one might go for 40usd and the gold as perhaps 60usd - I might be totally outdated on the prices. Nice ones really - you remind me of getting them in my collection :ninja:

Archived