CoinPeople.com

My first Russian Gold

Bluesfil

I have finally managed to get my first Imperial Russian gold - not hard years nor particularly special coins but I managed to get them at a reasonable price and am quite happy with them

1901FiveRoublesObv.jpg

1901 5 Roubles Obverse

1901FiveRoublesRev.jpg

1901 5 Roubles Rev

1899TenRoublesObv1.jpg

1899 10 Roubles Obv

1899TenRoublesRev.jpg

1899 10 Roubles Reverse

I have finally managed to get my first Imperial Russian gold - not hard years nor particularly special coins but I managed to get them at a reasonable price and am quite happy with them

Congratulations! :ninja: Which mintmaster initials are on the edge of these coins? For the 5 rouble coins, 1901-AP would be a good find (particularly in this good condition).

I would weigh them, though -- there are some pretty good fakes out there. 5 roubles should weigh 4.3 grams, 10 roubles twice that.

Congratulations! :ninja: Which mintmaster initials are on the edge of these coins? For the 5 rouble coins, 1901-AP would be a good find (particularly in this good condition).

I would weigh them, though -- there are some pretty good fakes out there. 5 roubles should weigh 4.3 grams, 10 roubles twice that.

The Mintmaster appears to be Felix Zaterman based on the O3 on the edge

Apologies for not putting the correct symbol (don't know how) - just put O3 and hoped you allow for it.

I will weigh them first chance I get

Don't worry, we know who he is ;) That did remind me, I actually got myself a 1900 5 ruble coin a long time, didn't like it and sold it almost right away. Didn't regret it - never liked Nicholai 5 ruble gold coins - they are just way too small. :ninja:

Ah well I will just have to aim for bigger gold coins so I can get rid of these pesky small ones ;)

Apologies for not putting the correct symbol (don't know how) - just put O3 and hoped you allow for it.

No problem ... The easiest way to insert special characters is via the "Character Map" utility in Windows Accessories (there's also one in the Linux Ubuntu distribution which I was happy to discover :ninja: ).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived