CoinPeople.com

Need some help with German Translation

Drusus

papenburg50.jpg

papen1.jpg

papen2.jpg

I have this bill, I am trying to translate. correct me if I am wrong but it says:

dat geld mot man vandei liie nahmen van dei bome schiidden kann man't nich

and

dieser schein verliert seine gultigkeit ein monat noch offentlichem aufruf

any help? I think the top one says something about the note being invalid after a month?

Bottom one, I am stumped.

I agree the top one is saying that the note looses its value & I might well be wrong but is the bottom actualy all German?? some of the words appear to be Dutch!!

From the picture I'd guess it has something to do with Taxman or government taking money from the already skinny population.

There's a couple of persons on this site who are in Germany that should be able to assist better than those of us who dabble. I have found out though that there is more than just the German language on a lot of notgeld. There were regional dialects and coloquial terms that just don't translate when using the modern dictionaries and online translators such as Babelfish. The most I have run into were Dutch-like words, and for a while I thought these words were something called Platt-Deutsch - but I had even worse luck trying to translate from that.

Hopefully one of our more learned friends will be able to assist.

Archived