CoinPeople.com

Hello from Texas

I have found some coins that my grandmother collected. I really do not think any of them are worth much; however, I would like to find their value. I have searched the internet and I became even more confused. I do not even know where to look for the D, P, or what if there is no letter for the mint origin. I have mainly wheat pennies ( a lot of steel pennies) dating as far back as 1919. I have A couple of silver half dollars ( 1958, 1964). I have some small silver dollars (1900-1912) that have a female side profile and stars on the front and a V on the back. I also have 1942,1944, 1948 quarters that appear to be silver.

I simply need guidance. I am trying to clean out almost everything I own and would like to sell these coins to an interested party; however, I have no idea where to start.

Please, Please, PLease help me. :ninja:

Blessed777

Howdy. (From Texas also) Most of the coins you have are probably lower range in cost. One thing you might do is check out a "Red Book". A local library should have a copy. Actually seeing the listing for them would probably ease your mind on any sale. As to wheat cents most unless they either in pristine or uncirculated condition or rare they normally won't sell for over a few bucks per roll. (Some Dealers actually sell those by the pound.) The mint mark on those are under the date. look for any 1922's, 1924D, 1931S, 1934D, an this one takes a little bit a double die 1955. (The date has been doubled.) Those are the higher value ones. On the 1958 and 1964 halves they are common date. Red Book list circulated from $6 to $7. But that is what a dealer would sell at not what you could get for them. The two "small silver dollars" are actually nickels. Commonly known as Liberty head nickel. In circulated condition red book list them going for $2 to $50 in circulated condition. This is were grade becomes real important. This is also where that book could help. On the 1912 if it has an "S" on the reverse between the UNUM and cents that is the rare one. And red book prices start at $140 for the lowest grade listed. (Remember again this is dealer sale price not the amount they would pay for them.) The quarters ball park $2.50 to $3 mainly because of silver content. Silver price is also the main factor in the halves.

The amounts I gave you are very crude approximations. With out close up pictures of the coins or actually seeing them I could not really get you any closer on prices. And they still are just guesses. Just off the top of my head I would concentrate on the Nickels. They have the biggest chance of being a good sale.

I know this probably did not help a whole lot, but the best I can do.

Hello Blessed777!

I wish you a pleasant and interesting time at COIN people! :ninja:;);)

If you would like to know more about your coins, you should introduce some pictures of your coins in this forum. It is always easier to talk on coins, if these are illustrated by pictures.

Archived