CoinPeople.com

1981 d nickel from mint uncirculated set

Looks like it was ground against something with reeding on it. More than likely however it just got stuck in some part of one of the machines at the mint causing the damage. If you found this in circulation, I would say counting machine damage, but from a sealed set it's a bit of a mystery.

wow!! you actually pulled this from a set??? i dont know what would make this but its interesting.are you sure you didnt want a snack and nibbles on it?? :ninja:

Actually I thought you or RD did it. Don't know how I can prove it because the chain of evidence was broken several times at least... but I am sure you two had a hand in it somehow... ;)

Yep, I ordered a boat load of different years of the regular mint uncirculated sets and found this plus the dime I posted yesterday, plus a penny I am planning to post today.

Glad you enjoy it.

Corky

Actually I thought you or RD did it. Don't know how I can prove it because the chain of evidence was broken several times at least... but I am sure you two had a hand in it somehow... :ninja:

Yep, I ordered a boat load of different years of the regular mint uncirculated sets and found this plus the dime I posted yesterday, plus a penny I am planning to post today.

Glad you enjoy it.

Corky

i didnt do it RD did it!!! but very nice find!!

Looks like it was ground against something with reeding on it. More than likely however it just got stuck in some part of one of the machines at the mint causing the damage. If you found this in circulation, I would say counting machine damage, but from a sealed set it's a bit of a mystery.

Yep, cut it from a mint uncirculated set myself. Was planning to put it in my Jeff book, but it won't fit in the little circle so will have to put it in a 2x2 quarter holder.

I found a bunch of fun stuff in the huge orders of mint uncirculateds from a couple of nice sources on e--y (you know, the four letter word place :ninja: )

I still have some more to check out and am enjoying every silly second of it.

Corky

• 3 weeks later...

Archived