CoinPeople.com

1967 Royal Mint 24 Carat Gold Trident British Penny

Minnieminx50

Hello everyone,

I am new at this and will take some time to adjust to the venue.

I thought I would join, as I have lots of coins that I want more information on and I would like to start selling some of them.

Hope to get to know some on you. Looking forward to learning from this site. :ninja:;);)

Minnieminx50 ;)

[Does anyone know anything about this gold coin?

1967 Royal Mint 24 Carat Gold Trident British Penny :ninja:

The only British penny I know of that has been minted in gold is from the special Golden Jubilee set from 2002, in which each coin was minted of gold. The normal 1967 "trident" penny depicte Brittannia seated upon a shield bearing the Union Jack with a trident in her hand. These coins were minted in bronze and were larger than the pennies currently in circulation.

I'm curious, where did you hear of a 24k 1967 penny from the Royal Mint? Enjoy your stay here!

The only British penny I know of that has been minted in gold is from the special Golden Jubilee set from 2002, in which each coin was minted of gold. The normal 1967 "trident" penny depicte Brittannia seated upon a shield bearing the Union Jack with a trident in her hand. These coins were minted in bronze and were larger than the pennies currently in circulation.

I'm curious, where did you hear of a 24k 1967 penny from the Royal Mint? Enjoy your stay here!

Well here is a pic of the coin I have,,,it comes in a plastic case with the coin sealed in a clear plastic container. There is a brochure that came with it,,,the date is 1967 AND there is no mint mark, so I learned it was from the London mint. It has young Queen portrait on the transverse, the first portrait.

It is 24c gold plated,,,,,,,,

8190_1_1_.jpg

827d_1_1_.jpg

Your coin is gold plated...

So it is just an ordinary coin that has been plated, it is not made of gold.

This is not a special issue but most likely a souvenir that the Mint produced.

Archived