CoinPeople.com

Messed up Canadian 25 cent

daggit

I know I'm totally wrong, but it's almost as if someone was making castings of the 25 cent coin in copper and coated the outside in zinc or nickel whatever it is to look real. The copper on the outside could be where an electrode sat or was soldered. The reason the coin looks so damaged is because of the poor casting.

I know I'm totally wrong, but it's almost as if someone was making castings of the 25 cent coin in copper and coated the outside in zinc or nickel whatever it is to look real. The copper on the outside could be where an electrode sat or was soldered. The reason the coin looks so damaged is because of the poor casting.

:ninja: If thats what happened..... toooooo much time on someones hands ;)

:ninja: If thats what happened..... toooooo much time on someones hands ;)

yeah.. but if this is just one prototype that helped them perfect the skill.... $$$$

No I didn't LD, I don't have a scale to weigh it. Bathroom scale probaly won't work :ninja:;)

You can always rig up something with a popsicle stick and a pencil. Find the midpoint by putting identical quarters on either end, then take one off and put this ugly thing in it's place and you should easily see if it's lighter. (Yes, I used to be MacGyver. I can build a thermonuclear device with a couple of paper clips and some duct tape.)

You can always rig up something with a popsicle stick and a pencil. Find the midpoint by putting identical quarters on either end, then take one off and put this ugly thing in it's place and you should easily see if it's lighter. (Yes, I used to be MacGyver. I can build a thermonuclear device with a couple of paper clips and some duct tape.)

Guess who can't find a popsicle stick anywhere :ninja:

Archived