CoinPeople.com

1800 money (coins) exchange rate guide

josemartins

The link below is for a book published online by the Portuguese National Library. It was published in 1800 and it has (almost) all the exchange rates at the time for (almost) every single individual coin to portuguese reis (sing.: real):

Face:

Face

Index:

Page 101 (continued on pages 102 and 103)

On your left, click on the number to go to the desired page (jpeg).

Jose :ninja:

The book i posted the links to was a handbook for merchants, the one i would like the library to put online would be the following:

fronts.jpg

Which is a 1793 edition of the: "Universal coin dictionary, including metalic, count units, fruits, seashells, etc. - Known in Europe, Asia, Africa & America" (with description of Jewish, Greek and Roman coins, maps of the main commerce cities and measure and weight tables for solid and liquid units).

Jose,

can you count languages represented? Especially I'm interested which languages are for Russian Empire, just Russian?

The book i posted the links to was a handbook for merchants, the one i would like the library to put online would be the following:

Which is a 1793 edition of the: "Universal coin dictionary, including metalic, count units, fruits, seashells, etc. - Known in Europe, Asia, Africa & America" (with description of Jewish, Greek and Roman coins, maps of the main commerce cities and measure and weight tables for solid and liquid units).

Jose,

can you count languages represented? Especially I'm interested which languages are for Russian Empire, just Russian?

Jaanis,

The first book only have data regarding Russia and Poland (Polonia) from what i think it's your area of interest, if you meant the second one, the only thing i know from it, its the "Frontispiece"... :ninja:

Jose ;)

Archived