CoinPeople.com

HELP!!!!!

dustin43160

this morning about 4 am i was admireing my 207 proof set and on the half dollor on the collor it looked like a white residue on it so being me i popped the top off of it and looked without cracking the case there is some kind of white residue on the half and sac and its on the plastic case... i tried to scrape it off of the plastic with my fingernail and nothing... could this be from the paper they use in it???

Bad idea, now you have added some oil residues on your proof coin set. You should have sent them back or return it to the seller.

eh i wiped the plastic off with a 100% cotton glove i had... nah its ok im going to put it in the safe and look at it in a year or two..

this morning about 4 am i was admireing my 207 proof set

WOW one of those rare 207 Proof sets. Which Ceasar is on them? :ninja: Just think there was no USA back then so no coin dealers to jack up the prices. ;)

If I were you I'd either send it back or take it back to wherever you purchased it from. Sounds like it was exposed to excessive humidity. If from the Mint, they sould now object to that as a return. Happenes all the time. If from a dealer, take it back.

WOW one of those rare 207 Proof sets. Which Ceasar is on them? :ninja: Just think there was no USA back then so no coin dealers to jack up the prices. ;)

If I were you I'd either send it back or take it back to wherever you purchased it from. Sounds like it was exposed to excessive humidity. If from the Mint, they sould now object to that as a return. Happenes all the time. If from a dealer, take it back.

haha its my first proof set i was happy like a kid in a candy shop!!

Archived