CoinPeople.com

Er what the?

gxseries

Any reasons why the price is so rocket high? :ninja:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180137846931

Way too high for a modern coin! ;)

Mintage is 2000 pieces and there are themes like millennium,space,train,computer...so maybe rich themecollectors or collectors whose collects coins from former USSR area raises the prices?

I can tell you why it's so high - it's sought after!

If you look at the bids, so far there's been 16 bids from 5 different anonymous bidders, all with trouser pockets deep enough to sink the titanic. :ninja:

It's also got images that surround space exploration and that suggests some important even that would have been launched in Khzakhstan at some point around the year 1999. Low mintage of 2000 also, seems like a group of high-flying collectors see this as a 'must' in their collection!...

Any reasons why the price is so rocket high? :ninja:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180137846931

Way too high for a modern coin! ;)

It does seem like an extremely high price for an NCLT issue. ;)

If it was offered to me at a coin show, I might consider paying possibly as much as 15% to 25% over melt, but $1,383.00 is far, far beyond that price range. ;)

I think that this is a fake auction, and the bidder 3 and bidder 5 tried to raise the price..

If you look at the bids, bidder 5 raised the price from 221 to 1300..

other strange thing is that they have almost 50% of all the transactions with this seller..

i don't think they actually bought the coin!!

I think that this is a fake auction, and the bidder 3 and bidder 5 tried to raise the price..

other strange thing is that they have almost 50% of all the transactions with this seller..

You might be right.

Ebay is a minefield for the unwary, with people selling things they don't own, lots of fakes and shill bidders as well.

I don't know if there was any funny business going on in this auction, but it certainly wouldn't be unusual for ebay if that were the case.

The only positive note about eBay's new feature of anonymous bidding is that even though it blocks your ID from wandering eyes, it still shows your feedback stars. If you notice, bidder 5 doesn't have a star, which means he has less than 10 feedback rating. A definite red flag, in my opinion.

Archived