CoinPeople.com

!962 frankie

Okay Lucille has been posting some franklin guess a grades. Figured I'd try too. This one is a bit different though. This is not a top tier company. As far as I know its a self slabber. Guess what they graded it as and what would you grade it as.

Edit: BTW sorry about the fuzzy pics.

1962franklinhalfcameoob.jpg

1962franklinhalfcameorev.jpg

I did a search earlier and U.S.G.C.S may have been connected with Paramount. But they seemed to do a pretty good job on grading. (Admitting they appear to have been around in 1986 to 1989. )

1962usgcs.jpg

In hand I think it might make a 66. The spot on the obverse left is a problem though. Remember a while back you would not see an coin graded above a 65. And it was either cameo or not. I think this may be a break out coin. But I kind of like the retro look on it. Couple questions here. One any one know when PCGS or NGC started? And when did other grading companies first start doing pictures with the coins?

Honestly I don't think their grade is far off. Depending on in hand, maybe a 66 even.

Cameo is a bit difficult. I'd say yes to that. Although I've seen coins that have obvious full cameos but no designation.

• 4 months later...

Archived