CoinPeople.com

USA 1899 $1 Black Eagle Solid 11111111 on ebay

see323

There is a highly desirable early USA 1899 Black Eagle $1 solid 11111111 on ebay. It is stated the condition is about Fine to Very Fine condition. In my opinion, it looks more like a fine or lower grade. Currently, the price is 700+. How much do you think it will be won ? Only left a day of auction time.

Here is the link :

http://cgi.ebay.com/1899-1-00-Silver-Eagle...1QQcmdZViewItem

b37d_12.JPG

b3da_3.JPG

:ninja:

Yes, that's a very popular note with the US Note collectors here. I need one badly myself. And yes, solid numbers like that are popular with collectors too. But I don't think these two collector groups overlap much so I doubt there will be a huge drive for the note. It's only collectors looking for solids vs collectors looking for a black eagle - NOT collectors looking for both competiting against each other.

I would downgrade it to F- with the stain. Frankly the number is all it has going for it, too bad it is 1's instead of 8's or 5's :ninja:

Seller always overgrade their notes. Actually 1111111 is a good number for this note. It matches the denomination of $1. In fancy number collecting, it is also one of the small contributing factor to it's value. ;)

The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the minimum bid or reserve amount.

Hmmmm ...

SM why do you think he ended it early was there something wrong with the note? or did he perhabs realise he woudnt get top $$ for it. This might sound like a silly question but the world of notes is new to me ;)

SM why do you think he ended it early was there something wrong with the note? or did he perhabs realise he woudnt get top $$ for it. This might sound like a silly question but the world of notes is new to me ;)

Would get top € for it.

This note market price is worth much more than what is currently bidded. Naturally, if the seller would not want to make huge losses. In addition, heavy ebay fees and if payment made by paypal, that will 4.2% of the final transacted amount paid to paypal. Usually such heavy weight banknote are sold direct to buyer or through public auction. Alternatively, they are sold at BUY NOW prices listed in ebay. The owner is asking for $5500 USD. Interested, send him an email to transact. ;)

I thought that note was cool! It definitely wasn't the condition he listed but the numbers alone would make that a very desirable note to certain collectors. Now if I had the cash and didn't have another passion(diamonds) then I would of made a bid on it! I wish my cash flow matched my desires! LOL I would be a very happy woman indeed! :ninja:

Archived