CoinPeople.com

A very lucky day...

Phoenix21

I could not believe it the other day. Had to have been one of my luckiest days I've ever had. I got to the bank, (they actually let me search their money!) and the teller that let's me look through her money wasn't there. A disapointment, but I still exchanged some quartes for a few dollars. This is where myy luck begins. I look through the ones I got, and one of them is a 1977A, in nice condition, surprisingly still a little crisp. Then, I also found a 1963B Barr note. Not rare, but always neat to find. But it still gets better. Later on I bought some pizza, and in the change was a atleast an AU Bicentennial quarter, which was neat. Also, got a dollar back, and could not believe it, it is a star note! Could not believe it. Well, I was doing laundry at a laundromat with my sister, and this all was in a section of store (like a strip mall). I decide to go back to the bank, and the teller showed up! She was a little late, but she let me look through her money. Found nothing in the paper money, but she asked, "would you like to look though the change?" I go sure, had some time before my dad came back to get us. I look through it, and in the nickels, I found a 1940. Not much, till I looked at the back, and there is an S mintmark! So I found a 1940 S, a 52 D, and a 59 D. So not a bad day so far. But then I come home, and my mom tells me to get the mail. I get it, and looking through it, some stuff that some people I know sent me. One was an 1820 Bust dime in AG3 condition, but still nice. Also got a 1959-D Lincoln, Coneca RPM#005 D/D/D SW Tilted. A nice start to my RPM cent collection. I am starting a collection of RPM cents, and am trying to get all I can to get it off to a nice start lol. Thanks for reading, and just thought I would share!

Phoenix :ninja:

I want to know what bank you deal with, cause none of my banks will let me go through their money!!!

lol, I can't remember there name! That's bad. I'll let know on Friday, that is when I usually go. It is cool they let me look, better than working at one! They also keep an eye out for anything that is neat or somethin, one time got a 1953, a 1953A, and a 1953B $5 bills! That was awesome. They also keep an eye out for silver for me. So it is pretty cool. :ninja:

Phoenix ;)

I have this story but in reverse.

I went to a Jack in the Box and they gave me a SBA dollar as change.

The next day I was in a rush and I gave the dollar to somebody thinking it was a quarter, and they took it.

Later, when I realized what I had done I screamed out, "f---ing Carter quarter!!!" :ninja:

Archived