CoinPeople.com

Moldova 20 Lei

Dave

after the death of stefan the great, moldova lost her power.in 1812 the russian empire conquered a part of it known as basarabia or "the land of basarab" a ancestor of vlad tepes. nowadays this l;and forms the republic of moldova. in 1859 the rest of the moldavia unitet with walachia and formed romania

in 1918 due to the desintegration of the russian empire, the state council in chisinau decidet to unite moldova with romania. in 1940 the soiet decidet to take it back and in just 3 days Basarabia wos concuerd.

in 1941 gen. antonescu the new ruller of roamnia decidet to enter the war with soviet uion basarabia was conquerd by romanian-german fo\rce but in 1944 was lost forever.

during 1941-1944 basarabia was a part of romania. also, here was organized "transnistria" a place were jews and gipsies wore deported. here circulated some eneresting banknotes, very rare this days:1, 6, 12, 24, 120, 600 and 1200 lei

in 1991 the soviet republic of moldavai proclamed her independence. some of the people there wished to unite with romania yet another wanted the independence or or to remain in urss. a civil war started.

now moldova is a independent state. a region of it- transnistria or "pridnestrove" its a separatist region.

in then end i would like to say that the romanian and the moldavioan peolpe are one and the same. they speak the same language-with minor difference. recently the comunist authority in chisinau tried to imopse the "moldavian "languege. its a similar with the "texan" languege in thwe state of texas or the "austrian langues"

moldavian and romania banknotes are almost identical. the text are the same and olso the engravour. for exaple the moldavian coins vare made by C.D. the same who made the romanian coins until '00

stefan the great olso apera on the 1991-1996 coins

moldavian and romania banknotes are almost identical. the text are the same and olso the engravour. for exaple the moldavian coins vare made by C.D. the same who made the romanian coins until '00

stefan the great olso apera on the 1991-1996 coins

I have seen the portraits but never know who is he.

Thanks. I learn something today.

:ninja:

905574A.jpg

905574B.jpg

Somehow I think their banknote designs look rather easy to counterfeit.

When I was there, I would have been interested in going to visit Moldova, as we were only about 5km from the border and could actually see into Moldova up the Dnestr river. But it was too much of a hassle to travel there, especially if you had to go through Pridnestr Republic, which is still communist.

Archived