CoinPeople.com

How do you get a pic of your coins?

BigCanadianM

Some time back I saw all the photos on these coin web sites so I started to take photos of some of my coins. I have 5 digital cameras and about 15 Film cameras. Numerous camera filters, lens, tripods, flash units, etc. I started with my Fuji S7000, outdoors and came out with some great photos. Then I asked myself, SELF, why are you doing this. With thousands of coins this could take the rest of my life and then what. I deleted the ones I already had. Sorry I just can't see taking photos of coins unless I'm in the buisness as a on line dealer or book writer. I'd rather take photos of people, animals, my cars or just a great sunset. Just don't know what I'd do with thousands of coin photos.

What do you do with yours????????

Some time back I saw all the photos on these coin web sites so I started to take photos of some of my coins. I have 5 digital cameras and about 15 Film cameras. Numerous camera filters, lens, tripods, flash units, etc. I started with my Fuji S7000, outdoors and came out with some great photos. Then I asked myself, SELF, why are you doing this. With thousands of coins this could take the rest of my life and then what. I deleted the ones I already had. Sorry I just can't see taking photos of coins unless I'm in the buisness as a on line dealer or book writer. I'd rather take photos of people, animals, my cars or just a great sunset. Just don't know what I'd do with thousands of coin photos.

What do you do with yours????????

For me its part of my record keeping. I can quick sacn thru them and see if I want to pick up a better grade or a missing coin.

For me its part of my record keeping. I can quick sacn thru them and see if I want to pick up a better grade or a missing coin.

That is what I originally thought about doing myself. However, as a coin collection grows and grows a person could end up with hundreds of thousands of photos of coins. For example I have 10 sets of Lincoln Cents from 09 to present. Just in those I would have to take hundreds of photos and if both the obverse and reverse, I'd fill a vast amount of photos. So naturally that would not be logical to print out so a computer file would be required and therefor a backup CD. Now as the collection grows even more, more CD's. Sorry, just to much work.

That is what I originally thought about doing myself. However, as a coin collection grows and grows a person could end up with hundreds of thousands of photos of coins. For example I have 10 sets of Lincoln Cents from 09 to present. Just in those I would have to take hundreds of photos and if both the obverse and reverse, I'd fill a vast amount of photos. So naturally that would not be logical to print out so a computer file would be required and therefor a backup CD. Now as the collection grows even more, more CD's. Sorry, just to much work.

I can relate to that. I have rolls of wheats and roosevelts.

I skip the cents (Unless large cents or indians or special.) also most nickels, dimes, quarters. Just decided to go ahead and photo my proof and mint sets, (One side) but that will take awhile. If you have them in a dansco or other holder you might just photo the whole thing.

Archived