CoinPeople.com

Down he goes...

labmom

Coingratulations ;) I like a good challenge and Labmom has been one, but I still have whole binders not yet touched. ;)

Oh and I helped her out a bit with a little gift of some of the notes on her page :ninja:

I still have a few binders to go through as well. We'll see how long it takes me.

And yes, I received 3 beautiful notes in Friday's mail! Thank you so much! They are beautiful!

Okay the challenge is on, which one of us surpasses SlavicScott, formerly known as Kuhli?

I only have a few more to add, and would like to sell many of those listed (and delete them), so I am not going to be a challenge to surpass. Aim big, shoot for Dave's top position!!

That guy is collector on steroids or something :ninja: I was besides myself when I easily overtook the Bunny on something, she went down real quick on BNB - I could take her down on OC also but then I would be scanning for the next 20 yrs and be a real bother at my banks.

You know when I scanned the Colonial USA notes in my collection a few weeks ago it was the first time I had seen many of them since probably 10 yrs ago. It was almost as orgasmic as buying new stuff ;)

You know when I scanned the Colonial USA notes in my collection a few weeks ago it was the first time I had seen many of them since probably 10 yrs ago. It was almost as orgasmic as buying new stuff :ninja:

same with some of my notes, except it hasn't been 10 years...I've onky been collecting for about 7 years.

how do mainer and pinoynotes keep their leads? right now, mainer has 1627 hits and pinoy has 952 hits for the week! mainer's notes are primarily philippine guerilla notes/japanese invasion money, and pinoynotes are primarily modern issues from the central bank of the philippines...mostly the same notes over and over with different signatures. they keep their leads week after week!

i had no idea there was such a huge interest in filipino banknotes. :ninja:

how do mainer and pinoynotes keep their leads? right now, mainer has 1627 hits and pinoy has 952 hits for the week! mainer's notes are primarily philippine guerilla notes/japanese invasion money, and pinoynotes are primarily modern issues from the central bank of the philippines...mostly the same notes over and over with different signatures. they keep their leads week after week!

I would think that they place links to their notes on other boards which lead them to Banknote Bank and thus they get a hit. But who knows... Maybe there are a lot of people who are really really into PI notes. I have often wondered that if there are that many people interested in them, there should be a huge discussion on CP about them as well. Perhaps they only use it to store there notes and have a secret discussion page elsewhere...? Any way they do it, there are enough hits for a long enough time to indicate a huge interest in them somewhere.

I have to admit that they have taken their collection focus to the edge and back, though. They have the most complete sets of banknotes I have ever seen, all signatures, differing block numbers dates, errors, etc. ... they are impressive sets.

They also have the most popular viewed notes of all time. All 25 spots are Philippines. PS. they just got a hit from me ;)

Could be that someone uses their notes for academic research for a book or presentation or something that requires them to return back adn forth to the site to look at the notes.

Philippines banknotes are not expensive even for solid numbers ones. Every year, they print from prefix A...Z.AA....ZZ. You will have a lot of choices. Unfortunately the design of the banknotes have not change much. I will be interested to collect the earlier Philippines banknotes such as the 1949 series.

• 5 months later...
They also have the most popular viewed notes of all time. All 25 spots are Philippines. PS. they just got a hit from me :ninja:

Could be that someone uses their notes for academic research for a book or presentation or something that requires them to return back adn forth to the site to look at the notes.

Greetings Everyone, I don't know about others but my banknote scans are linked to my 3 philippine banknote websites, which have no pictures. I also give the URL when dealing at Ebay. I hope that answers some questions I've noticed here. ...pinoynotes

Linking may be part of the answer, but in the case of "mainer" you can be sure he flogs his own collection. For a time, I tried to mess with him, bumping a couple of my notes every week, to get at least one in the "Top Ten" hits. I was always just able to just break in, and a short time later, I was always bumped just out.

The BNB popularity rankings are not an accurate measure, not that any measure can be accurate. I wouldn't put much stock in mainer's notes being genuinely more popular than othere. The board just recycled three hours ago and he has 133 hits including all of the top ten. Think that's genuine? Really?

If you want to test my theory, have this board pick one non-mainer/non-Philippine note and see to it that it gets a lot of hits for the week. It will give him a fit trying to bump ten of his notes over the top just to reinstate his apparent monopoly. Better yet, pick TEN and see what happens. Any takers?

Vote for ME LOL I am just greatful for the feedback that I get on my notes that are there :ninja: So thanks to all who have offerd ne words of engouragement & passed along useful info it has all been appreciated ;)

Archived