CoinPeople.com

Sisu's Junkyard giveaway

A few pieces of corrosion and other green gunk. I cannot bring myself to just tossing them in the garbáge, nor do I have the time to start experiments with these (others will always come along). So if anyone is interested in these pieces (they actually look worse than the pics :ninja: ) post below. If there are more than one takers, then I will simply draw a winner randomly. I will close this on Wednesday morning.

Not that I would like to be among the winners :ninja: but maybe we could use those in some Ugly Coin Competition, and the winner has to tak---- gets them all.

Ah no ... now I know! This is a vision test, and the winner gets some beautiful Finnish coin, right? OK, here we go:

CA 1 Cent, NL 1 Cent

NO 2 Øre, DE 10 Pfennig

Christian

Perhaps the coins suffered from sauna adverse reactions. Anyway, it is a generous offer that I can't resist!

I promise if I will win these, to send you some same sort of "shiny" coins! Pick me up from hat!

So far if I have understood everyone's posts these are the following people that are interested:

banivechi

Scottishmoney's nippers

BiggAndyy

Eurocoin

zach

thedeadpoint

I will be closing this tomorrow morning around 9am - 2am (wed) for those on the US east coast.

Woo! Thanks, Sisu, for the contest. I knew the moment I read it that I would win. Its happened before... odd.

Can't wait to see what the coins are, I can only ID one of them at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sisu! My mom told me I got a package from Helsinki in the mail. So it has arrived! I'll be back home in a week to check out how bad these coins really are.

Thanks again!

Thanks again, Harri! I checked them out just a few minutes ago and wow! I got a good deal.

First of all, the Estonian coins are great! When else would I have gotten Estonian coins into my collection??? Most importantly though is that the "junkyard" is spectacular. Those coins have more character to them than some of the staple beauties in my collection. The dates go back to 1919! I would have never ever come across any of these dates, or designs, or even COUNTRIES were it not for this "junkyard." I guess what they say is right: "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Thanks again!

George

Archived