CoinPeople.com

217 Rolls of BU SILVER Quarters...way below melt

16d

smells fishy to me...

Fishy? What I find interesting is he has also offering a PCGS MS63 '55 DDO, for $1800; and yet doesn't show the holder.

Fishy?

Yeah, he's got $11k in silver (.18084ozAg/coin * 40coins/roll * 217rolls * $7.01/oz spotprice = ~$11003.54 in Ag) and he is willing to sell it online for less than 3/4 of its value when he could walk into any coin shop in the country and get $10k for it or more right away.

Looks like he's fishing for people who are looking for deals that are too good to be true.

I'd run away from that if I were you! The thing about his 55DDO furthers the point that this is probably a scam artist. He knows that slabs are numbered and identifiable, so he was smart enough not to show a pic of it. Like I said, RUN!

Just had him busted at the site. Found a closed auction on another site, same coin, in holder,

from a reputable dealer. Gee, guess what? The same guy has a CHINESE site, selling laptops. I'm gonna order a dozen, just for grins.

well silver as of right now is a little over 7 dollars for the ounce. Maybe it is some old timer or someone who needs cash pretty bad so they have to sell their coins off to be melted or handed to another collector.

Just had him busted at the site. Found a closed auction on another site, same coin, in holder,

from a reputable dealer. Gee, guess what? The same guy has a CHINESE site, selling laptops. I'm gonna order a dozen, just for grins.

hmmm I guess the whole no Santa Claus saying is still true. If it looks too good to be true it probably is. The sad part is that people still fall for things like this and get themselves scammed. It really is too bad.