CoinPeople.com

IBNS welcomes nominations for Bank Note of the Year

Owen Linzmayer

The IBNS's annual contest for the Bank Note of the Year remains open for nominations (last year’s winner was Faeroe Islands Pick 28). Any circulating bank note that was issued to the public for the first time in 2006 is eligible for the award. For a complete list of the rules, please visit www.theIBNS.org.

Send your nominations to newsletter editor Owen Linzmayer or webmaster David White. Nominations for the award can be made up until January 31, 2007.

Please note, only members of the IBNS may nominate a note for the award. However, I am interested in hearing what the collector community at large thinks as well, so I encourage everyone to use this forum to cast their unofficial ballots.

To help everyone make well-informed choices, I have prepared a PDF document including images and descriptions of all the new notes issued in 2006. I am happy to send copies of this 1.2MB file to anyone who emails a request for same.

To help everyone make well-informed choices, I have prepared a PDF document including images and descriptions of all the new notes issued in 2006. I am happy to send copies of this 1.2MB file to anyone who emails a request for same.

i'd like to see this document. can you make it available here on cp? if not, email to henare@gmail.com is good . . .

i'd like to see this document. can you make it available here on cp? if not, email to henare@gmail.com is good . . .

I don't want to post it here because I'm curious about the level of interest, so I'm personally fulfilling all requests for same via email. Yours was just sent. Let me know what you think of the doc and your personal pick for the note of the year.

Well, I've finally had some time to go over the packet that Owen sent. There were a lot of notes, but only a few could I consider because of the criteria.

I finally ended up choosing the Bahamas 50 Dollars banknote. This is because it best met all of the listed criteria. I personally prefer the 20 dollar bankote to the 50 based on color and artistic merit, but it was alluded that the basic design of the 20 was issued before, with some changes made for 2006. There is no such claim of the 50 dollar banknote.

Several really nice looking notes in that bunch, but my favorites are the 200 Lei from Romania, and the 10,000 Ringitt from Brunei.

Thanks for sending the PDF !!! :ninja:

Archived