CoinPeople.com

Haven't seen this before

echizento

It could have been pre minting as well, say they cleaned a sheet of copper to have planchets punched from, and didn't have it completely dry?

You know that if you break a thermometer with mecury in it the droplets will form little balls

This looks like a liquid that tried to retract in perfect circles but failed leaving irregular stains

when dry

I guess it is one of the liquids used in the preparation of blanks which did not get washed off

maybe because two blanks stuck together

A better question, did you get an DDO's out of the bag? :ninja:

So the other day I was looking through some rolls and came across a bunch of 72's. No dice but on coppercoins.com they list a ton of varieties besides the big DDO. My eyes were hurtin' after

eyepain. I know how you feel... my back was hurtin the other day also from lookin through a bunch of pennies

I knew this hobby was dangerous! :ninja:

So the other day I was looking through some rolls and came across a bunch of 72's. No dice but on coppercoins.com they list a ton of varieties besides the big DDO. My eyes were hurtin' after

Did you know that the guy that runs that coppercoins forum web site has 2 books out on just Lincoln Cents? They are called Looking Through Lincoln Cents. He sells them on his web site I think but I bought both editions at coin shows. Also, if you had bought that remake of the first edition of the Red Book recently offered you would have noticed at the rear was a few drawings from the same person. You may want to go to his web site and ask him about that coin. He has taken virtually thousands of photos of coins and knows Lincolns really well.

Archived