CoinPeople.com

FUN Show Orlando Florida

Art

Just a reminder that the FUN show will be in Orlando Jan 4-7 2007. It's a great show and well worth the effort for collectors of any and every level.

At the Orlando Convention Center.

Don't remember how to put this on the calendar

Just a reminder that the FUN show will be in Orlando Jan 4-7 2007. It's a great show and well worth the effort for collectors of any and every level.

At the Orlando Convention Center.

Don't remember how to put this on the calendar

That's a lot better than NY in winter, and I bet much cheaper too :ninja:

Are you going to this one Art? I'm planning on it, unless I blow all my funds beforehand.

I'm planning on going. Right now I'm saving for either an 09-S or 77 IHC and if my plan works, I'll be looking for one at the show. BUT regardless of my savings plan, I'm going to go anyway. I've been thinking about exhibiting. They have an ANA Summer Seminar scholarship open for winning exhibits and I have what I've been told is a sure winner. Would have to borrow two pieces to make the set "complete".

See you there?

• 2 months later...

Still planning to go. No 09-S or 77 for me this year. Maybe an 07ASE. Mostly I'll be looking at the exhibits and visiting some folks that I know. Trying to wangle an NGC invite but not much success on that so far.

The Smithsonian is going to have an exhibit at the show. Should be worth the trip all by itself.

• 1 month later...

Wish i could go, but noooooooo. I have to go back to school on tuesday :ninja: what college student besides me has to do that????

What is an "NGC invite" if I may ask?

Hey Art, are you still going this Saturday?

I'm planning to be there Saturday. Only hangup right now is that Fran is pushing to go to Atlanta over the weekend.

Wish i could go, but noooooooo. I have to go back to school on tuesday :ninja: what college student besides me has to do that????

What is an "NGC invite" if I may ask?

NGC has a luncheon on Saturday. It's an invitation only thing where they talk about the coming year and their plans for any new services and such.

Greetings,

I've never been to a show before. I want to collect Lincolns for my granddaughters album and wonder if I'll save $$ by going to show rather than off ebay?? or other online venues.

Bruce

Depends what type of lincolns your buying. Earlier wheats in high grades, you'll get a better selection at shows, especially big shows. Memorials Lincolns or circulated Wheats ebay is OK I guess.

Look for a local dealer in area, or maybe there are monthy shows to attend.

Good luck!

Greetings,

I've never been to a show before. I want to collect Lincolns for my granddaughters album and wonder if I'll save $$ by going to show rather than off ebay?? or other online venues.

Bruce

Go to the show. You'll save money on shipping if you buy something. You'll also be able to see what you are buying much more closely. Most of all, you will meet many great dealers and collectors who actively want to help you with your goal. They will give you good deals (maybe throw in a bunch of common dates for free) and point you in the direction you need to go for those harder to find coins. And if you walk away with the show with no coins, you'll probably walk away with valued dealer-collector relationships and more appreciation of the hobby.

Greetings,

Bruce

Buying at a show is a much better experience than buying on ebay or any remote method. There's simply no substitute for seeing a coin in person. If you have an opportunity go to a show. Especially the established national and regional shows.

Archived