CoinPeople.com

1799 Silver Dollar

Scottishmoney

nice crack too :ninja:

In case anyone cares....

That crack identifies this coin as B-10, BB-163, a Rarity 2 die marriage and, along with B-9, one of the most common. I believe this is die state III but there should be a small die crack from star 13 to the bust which I can't see in the pics so it may be die state II or a transitional die state. That's the best I can do to attribute this piece without seeing it in hand.

In case anyone cares....

That crack identifies this coin as B-10, BB-163, a Rarity 2 die marriage and, along with B-9, one of the most common.  I believe this is die state III but there should be a small die crack from star 13 to the bust  which I can't see in the pics so it may be die state II or a transitional die state.  That's the best I can do to attribute this piece without seeing it in hand.

I care :ninja: I think the die cracks and so many of the characteristics and diagnostics of the coin are quite fascinating. I have to be honest, I have only kind of wanted one of these for a long time, but never really saw one that wasn't too worn, to messed with, dipped, retoned, plugged(after the mint) etc.

When I get done painting my house, I will scan at 2400 dpi so I can peak at more details of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Really nice piece -- take her out to dinner -- she'll forget about it in a few years...laughing-smiley-014.gif

Please tell me that if you make a statement like the above, that indeed, you are not married. :ninja:

Women do not forget anything. They have an amazing ability to draw up stuff from a decade ago if not more when it duly or unduly serves the favour of their argumentive side. :lol:

Archived