CoinPeople.com

Hot Damn...

grivna1726

...I love this forum! :ninja:

It just keeps getting better and better. Lots of very knowledgeable people posting, intelligent comments and information offered with excellent answers to questions raised.

This just has to be the best English language forum for discussing Russian coins anywhere on the net.

There isn't a huge volume of posts, but they are typically of very high quality. This is what the net offers at its best. :lol:

...I love this forum! :ninja:

It just keeps getting better and better.  Lots of very knowledgeable people posting, intelligent comments and information offered with excellent answers to questions raised.

This just has to be the best English language forum for discussing Russian coins anywhere on the net.

There isn't a huge volume of posts, but they are typically of very high quality.  This is what the net offers at its best. :lol:

You're right

This has been a great success! A lot greater than anyone hoped for at the beginning I think. I've learned a lot about my collecting area in here. I enjoy reading the messages, but sadly I don't allways have the time to take actively part in discussion. Hopefully that changes in the near future.

*I think we still need the Russian banknote forum too :ninja:

This has been a great success! A lot greater than anyone hoped for at the beginning I think.  I've learned a lot about my collecting area in here. I enjoy reading the messages, but sadly I don't allways have the time to take actively part in discussion. Hopefully that changes in the near future.

*I think we still need the Russian banknote forum too  :lol:

My sentiments are exactly the same. Not only are there many competent collectors and even some numismatic experts who come here, but the cordial tone and considerate moderation of replies make this a great place to be! :cry: I also appreciate the ability to post a picture now and then, or add a few Cyrillic letters as need be without having to resort to some kludges necessary on the text-only newsgroups.

Я Вас поздравляю с Вашим успехом! :ninja:

My sentiments are exactly the same. Not only are there many competent collectors and even some numismatic experts who come here, but the cordial tone and considerate moderation of replies make this a great place to be! :lol: I also appreciate the ability to post a picture now and then, or add a few Cyrillic letters as need be without having to resort to some kludges necessary on the text-only newsgroups.

Я Вас поздравляю с Вашим успехом!  :ninja:

Yeah right, I had to get rid of my cyrillic userid so it could index on the server :cry: Otherwise known as Украiна двi ;)

Indeed some questions are getting quite tough and I am pretty much forced to double check my reference books just to confirm (and at the same time, causing great wear to the books - I should start formatting them into ebooks)

That said, Russian coinages did come a long way, probably at least a good thousand year of history, and what I personally know is just one quarter of it, which doesn't sound a lot. Wire kopeks, arabic coins, Odean coins etc are very fascinating but at the same time, quite specialized when it comes to such fields.

Banknotes would be nice, but that will be another nightmare as it can include other ex-Soviet nations :ninja:

Also gets interesting when you consider the first Russian coins, are also technically speaking the first Ukrainian coins, they didn't have a double headed eagle on them or anything else now associated with Russia, but a Tryzub, the trident symbol of Ukraine :ninja:

I don't collect Russian coins (except for the odd aluminum piece for my metal collection) and I don't intend to start (unlike my current problem with jetons). That being said, I look forward to following your posts. The coins are great, the history interesting, and your discussions even better. Keep it up. Its of interest to we lurkers as well.

Archived