CoinPeople.com

One odd china hell note

Corina

True

I looked though at least 10 of these notes before i found this misprinted note, I think that this note makes a fine addtion to my banknotes, cause it's so funny looking

And for 50 cents i'm not going to complain

Plus i got Five China 1 fen notes, four 2 china fen , An iraq 100 dinar note,two indonisia notes and a koren note and 3 china ration notes all from a guy who didn't want those notes, he was the seller of the hell notes that i looked over in the coin shop, he handed all this to me in the parking lot today

Yeah, I’d say that about half or more of the hell notes in my collection have some type of offset printing or other quality issues. . . Not surprising as they are meant to be bought (cheaply) in bulk and burned up for the deceased to spend in the afterlife. I guess you can’t take it with you, but you can have it sent along.

Do hell notes have any value or not?

Absolutely No value at all. As what Dave have said. They are bought very cheap in bundles and they are burned away since the Chinese believe that by burning them, the spirit of their relatives will receive them in heaven or hell.

Besides burning hell notes, there are other types items for burning so that the dead relatives can receive them. It can be quite costly which can easily reach $10,000 USD. The Chinese build huge paper bungalows (a big one can be 1.5 storey high), cars, aeroplane, gold bars and anything that is related to luxury items for the dead people.

Hell notes are still interesting collectibles among American and European collectors but not with the Asian collectors since they are easily available from specialized incense shops. :ninja:

Thanks for the info :ninja:

Still a interesting note to have

Yes, it is still a great collectible especially the varieties of print and design but I don't think any Chinese collectors will collect them since they are meant for their deceased. :lol:

True,

My Wife dislikes the note cause of it being used for the dead,I told her that this was one note that wasn't going to hell. it was going into my collection instead.

Generally, Chinese or Asians tends to be supersititious over these notes especially when they are created by the Chinese themselves with a purpose. They have a certain belief and if you did not believe in them, you will never be affected by these notes. Keep collecting and focus on the varieties. You will be rewarded on your large and comprehensive varieties in your collection. One day, who knows, they will printed with polymer quality.

For myself, I am not supertitious over these notes but they just do not fit into my collection target. I will concentrate on what I specialized and it's a lifetime commitment toward my collection. :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived