Burgos

Burkina Faso

Burma (see Myanmar)

Burundi

Belgian Congo the provincies you mention should be Ruanda-Burundi

They never were countries

Belgian Congo the provincies you mention should be Ruanda-Burundi

They never were countries

Well, Ruanda-Urundi was a League of Nations (and later United Nations) mandate under Belgian administration. And since there are a few coins with "Belgisch Congo Belge - Ruanda Urundi" on them, why not include the territory?

Art, what would be the difference between "Bayern" and "Bavaria"? :ninja:

Christian

Are these countries that you need or have?

Some of each. I was just picking up on an old discussion of what countries were on the list. These are all countries/whatever that have issued coins under their name. They all appear in the Krause 2000 Edition of World Coins.

I'm sure that some folks will disagree with some of these, but I honestly haven't had the chance to research each item and see where I think it belongs. So your inputs are a big help. Less research that I'll have to do someday.

Art, what would be the difference between "Bayern" and "Bavaria"? :ninja:

Christian

Don't know. They were listed that way in my Krause or I have a coin from one of the two and the other was listed in the Krause. It's a very imprecise list.

Don't know. They were listed that way in my Krause or I have a coin from one of the two and the other was listed in the Krause. It's a very imprecise list.

Fuer Bayern brauchst Du eine Note und eine Muenze die Deutsche Woerter benutzen.

For Bavaria you can get then same notes in English.

Hmm, the latter might be tough :ninja:

Actually Bavaria is not only English but also Latin. So there will be (older) coins where you can indeed see the "English" name of the country. Dutch may be a little harder to find on such pieces. :ninja:

Christian

Actually started out on the world stuff with the exact same set in mind Art...great minds think alike. :lol: I really was'nt diggin' the whole note thing so i stopped that, but i'm still working on the coin set. Think i've got about 120 countries...will help u out with any doubles i have if i can bro.

Need any Neezers..... :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates Art?

I haven't really done anything on this in a while. I haven't even gone through all of my notes to see which countries I have that I haven't checked off.

I think I'll try to do a letter update or two over the next few days.

I have been thinking of a website to hold the list that I'm coming up with. It's all in Excel so, should not be that big of a challenge. Maybe I'll see if Rocky will do it for me.

Hi

I have similar "obsession" as Art does have :lol:

I collect one coin per country (territory) but I narrow it down to "base currency unit" i.e. 1 dollar, 1 shilling, 1 rouble... I do not collect banknotes, but in case the 1,- coin doesn't exist I take banknote as well.

This is the list I have collected so far:

http://missingthumb.atspace.com/mince.htm

The red cross in front of the currency name means the country is already represented in my collection. Asterisk means 1 Euro for a particular euroland country.

As a country (or territory) I take only currently recognized entities, not the historical countries (although I do not throw them, of course). As a plus, I have coins for not yet recognized entities, like Seborga, Cabinda, Damanhur etc.

When a country denominates its currency (like e.g. Turkey did in 2005) I try to get the new coins as soon as possible and replace the old ones.

So if you have anything what I'm missing in my list, don't hesitate to let me know :ninja:

Hi

I collect one coin per country (territory) but I narrow it down to "base currency unit" i.e. 1 dollar, 1 shilling, 1 rouble... I do not collect banknotes, but in case the 1,- coin doesn't exist I take banknote as well.

The red cross in front of the currency name means the country is already represented in my collection. Asterisk means 1 Euro for a particular euroland country.

As a country (or territory) I take only currently recognized entities, not the historical countries (although I do not throw them, of course). As a plus, I have coins for not yet recognized entities, like Seborga, Cabinda, Damanhur etc.

When a country denominates its currency (like e.g. Turkey did in 2005) I try to get the new coins as soon as possible and replace the old ones.

So if you have anything what I'm missing in my list, don't hesitate to let me know  :cry:

Nice list. Glad you decide to stop at CP and share with us. :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

So if you have anything what I'm missing in my list, don't hesitate to let me know  :ninja:

Hi Absik,

I would have a difficulty removing something from my collection if a new coin comes out, which happens all the time. I'd suggest that you consider including in your collection base currency units from a certain period (e.g., from the year of your birth, or from 1900). Thus your collection will grow, in stead of being replaced all the time.

As for your list, I have a Zimbabwe Dollar on my website, if you still need it.

Also Equatorial African States Franc 1971, if this is the type you are looking for.

Being a CoinPeople member, you may disregard a minimum order rule of my site.

Archived