Results from WWCC auction

bobh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bob, thank you for the nice entry, it hits the nail on the head. I have little hope to get the 2 coins I bade on, either.

If it may comfort you - last night I sniped 5 seconds before deadline but.. but..... somehow the gun did not go off :shock:

and a lucky someone got the coin at about 1/2 of what I had been ready to pay.

Let's be positive - money saved for the next try.

Best, Sigi

-

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds good. I will start then:

After some searching I see that the coin was included in lot #413, estimate $250, realized a painful $2250. Congratulations, there are difficult coins it the lot.

I was not lucky. #228 rose to an unbelievable $5750 :shock: and #229 fetched $1050, also much more than I had hoped.

Too many people share my taste. And too many of them have deep pockets.....

Sigi

-

I do not think that it was a real sale on Sincona. The coin is just too ugly.

http://www.m-dv.ru/monety-rossii-1700-1917/prohod,107884/coins,2075/type,2496/auction,83/date,2013-10-14/lot,592/images-prohod.html

I am still looking for a decent 1843 and 1845CM… The only ones I am missing from the set. 1/4 and 1/2 CM sets were completed with this lot. I liked the lot a lot (pun intended :bgreen: )

The Sincona coin is a 1839/40 (sic!) overdate. In the Brekke/Bakken 1997 update it is listed as VERY RARE.

Sigi

-

I do not think that it was a real sale on Sincona. The coin is just too ugly.

http://www.m-dv.ru/monety-rossii-1700-1917/prohod,107884/coins,2075/type,2496/auction,83/date,2013-10-14/lot,592/images-prohod.html

I am still looking for a decent 1843 and 1845CM… The only ones I am missing from the set. 1/4 and 1/2 CM sets were completed with this lot. I liked the lot a lot (pun intended :bgreen: )

BKB do you want this one? Cleaned but not too ugly:

1001126.jpg