CoinPeople.com

New Coinpeople Notes

Ætheling

Well it's been a while since I designed any new notes for Coinpeople, but here is a potential design that's in the pipeline.

The first series of 'Imperial Bank of Coinpeople' Notes were distinctly British in flavour, the second series paid homage to Rome, the third series (a favourite of mine) was the recent American series of denarii notes (many of which were kindly posted out by Art at Christmas), with themes of liberty, eagle, buffalos etc.

For this new series however, i've decided it was time to branch out from Brit and American things and go East, it was either going to be a Chinese or Indian theme, well this time the Indian theme won out but future series might include Chinese or even Egyptian style notes (i'm really liking the though of Egyptian). But for now here's a sneak preview of a potential design that I was working on back in August. The reverse I am fairly satisfied with, the obverse needs some work I think, comments/suggestions welcome;

Obverse

gallery_58_285_141297.jpg

Reverse

gallery_58_285_127598.jpg

nice!

Will there be a hologram with his arms waving?

Now that would be cool! Sorry I haven't fathomed holograms yet.

Actually I'm working on an alternative to the above, a pictoral series... but i'm still drawing the pictures at the moment, so dunno how they'll come out! I'll post one up when i'm done.

Wow. Great job! That looks like it took a lot of work and planning.

A few comments:

- I see you have represented the female reproductive system on the obverse.

- I'd personally like to see more contrast between the design features and the fields, especially on the reverse. Preferably lighten the inner field on the reverse.

- Add a 3rd color or lighter shade. It's a very dark design. Perhaps make the "ohm" symbol dark and the background light.

Wow. Great job! That looks like it took a lot of work and planning.

A few comments:

- I see you have represented the female reproductive system on the obverse.

- I'd personally like to see more contrast between the design features and the fields, especially on the reverse. Preferably lighten the inner field on the reverse.

- Add a 3rd color or lighter shade. It's a very dark design. Perhaps make the "ohm" symbol dark and the background light.

It's funny cos it didn't actually start out that dark! lol. Originally where the two phoenixes are on the reverse were some pictures (very bright, very vibrant), hence the darker areas were added to bring in a contrast and it worked very well too I might add. Sadly I was aware that I didn't hold the copyright to the pictures so I didn't use them and dropped them, pity cos a lot was lost with their removal, and hence why the background is now on the dark side shall we say.

I'm gonna play round with the colours anyhow so i'll try some of your suggestions and see how they go. :ninja:

• 4 years later...

It's a $20 with Dr. King

attachicon.gif$20USD.png

Nice design. I doubt that we'll ever see a portrait change on US currency. Maybe something on the reverse of the note.

Nice design. I doubt that we'll ever see a portrait change on US currency. Maybe something on the reverse of the note.

Or even a design change. Sadly the US has been so resistant to changing the money. Even the 1905 Technicolor $20 is as colorful as the money of today, and it's almost 110. The $10 bill of 1930 was pretty identical to the note of 1995! The new $100 is more in the right direction.

ls33.jpg

If I designed the notes I would keep Lincoln and Washington (5 and 1) and add MLK, Edison ($50) and Amelia Earhart ($100), to be a series titled "pioneers", all which were important and groundbreaking people.

That is a nice looking MLK note. You have a good eye for design. I had to teach myself how to use PhotoShop a few years ago, and I did so by designing my own 'fantasy' notes. It came in handy for a while, but now I don't even have Photoshop installed on my computer anymore! the later updates wouldn't display some of my banknotes due to the anti-counterfeiting software built into it.

If I designed the notes I would keep Lincoln and Washington (5 and 1) and add MLK, Edison ($50) and Amelia Earhart ($100), to be a series titled "pioneers", all which were important and groundbreaking people.

Very nice note above, is it yours?

I like the idea of Wash, Lincoln, MLK, and Edison but I personally don't fully appreciate Earhart's legacy. I'm sure we could find other good women figures.

I like the idea of Wash, Lincoln, MLK, and Edison but I personally don't fully appreciate Earhart's legacy. I'm sure we could find other good women figures.

Harriet-Quimby1.png

Harriet Quimby was the first female pilot - and she was a lot easier on the eyes.

Yes, the note is my design. Sadly I don't have photoshop so everything is made in paint. The only other women that I can think that is well-known is S.B. Anthony, H.B. Stowe and Harriet Tubman.

Edison too isn't a perfect figure, with his electric chair and other stuff, but still what he did was very important.

You know, maybe we should do together a series of how the US money should look, or even a contest of Coinpeople people.

Edison too isn't a perfect figure, with his electric chair and other stuff, but still what he did was very important.

You know, maybe we should do together a series of how the US money should look, or even a contest of Coinpeople people.

Edison doesn't deserve a note. At least Nikola Tesla has, he is currently on the Serbian 100 dinar note. Tesla did more electric development than that fiend Edison did.

Edison doesn't deserve a note. At least Nikola Tesla has, he is currently on the Serbian 100 dinar note. Tesla did more electric development than that fiend Edison did.

Well Edison did invent the phonograph and was the most profilic inventor of all.