CoinPeople.com

Where are the new designs.... HERE THEY ARE!!!!!!!!

Johnny 1989

From what I understand the 2008 "emblems" where supposed to be limited issue only, then I re-read the Royal Mint blurb and it didn't outright say that 2008 emblems where not being circulated. I think now though as far as I can work out the 2008 "emblems" are limited issues only.

I kept a big pile of near-mint 2007 coins in the hope I could sell them to some idiots so I hope that they where the last of them!! :ninja:

The Royal Arms are most defiantly issued for circulation in 2008.

Acutally I've had a couple 2008 old style pennies but from what I understand they weren't supposed to be released. I presume there is a penny shortage & these are emergencey stock, I wonder if they'll becoem rare in future, I've only seen 3, all of which my Dad has got in change so I assume these "escaped" the mint?

When I saw a 2008 penny (heads side only) I got a tiny bit excited in seeing the new design, when I saw the old design on the other side I was dissapointed but remebered that they weren't supposed to be ciruclated so I have kept hold of all of these. ;)

BTW I haven't got my double pack yet so could someone post a picture of the upside down Queen please from the 50p

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Delta, interesting with the 50p, I wonder if dim shop keepers will accuse people of faking them because the Queen's head is the reverse way round ;)

They've also handled that 20p well as well, the writing is still clear even with the extra info.

Also regarding the 1,2,5,10p obvereses, now you mention that I'll be keeping an eye out all the time now :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if they will kill off the beading on the two pound coin now, since it NEVER minted right anyway! ;)

I could see them redesigning that one soon anyway, don't ask me why I just have a feeling that's all, possibly Britannia as I imagine Daily Heil readers are lobbying the Royal Mint to bring it back even now :ninja:

I could see them redesigning that one soon anyway, don't ask me why I just have a feeling that's all, possibly Britannia as I imagine Daily Heil readers are lobbying the Royal Mint to bring it back even now ;)

A Britannia one has been confirmed as a special issue within the next few years. :ninja:

Je les trouve aussi belles que nos euros ,sinon plus

Gerard

Je consens, certaines des conceptions d'Euro sont curieux mais, a mon avis, d'autre part il y a autant de variation! :ninja:

Ces pièces anglaises resteront le même pour beaucoup d'ans, lequel n'est pas bon! ;)

Clive.

• 1 month later...

I've had well over a dozen new design pennies in change, all from the same guy though! He opened a bag especially for me! :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, though it'll take a while before most people ever see one.

I've received 13 new pennies in change, all from the same shopkeeper though... :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
I've received 13 new pennies in change, all from the same shopkeeper though... ;)

I've had a two 1p's & one 2p of the new designs, I'll scan them sometime over the weekend.

Have had plenty of the old style 1p coins with 2008 on them, also have had a 5p as well. I thought they weren't originally supposed to be released, oh well :ninja:

Archived