CoinPeople.com

How to get Foreign coin in US?

jlr1555

This is my first post here and I hope someone can assist me on getting foreign coin sets.

I work for a US manufacturer of coin dispensing machines with many foreign customers and we have a very difficult time getting foreign coin to test our machines. UK, Euro & Japan aren't an issue. Does anyone know how I can get current coin sets from Turkey, Poland, New Zealand or Australia ?? Any help would be appreciated.

Since I do not know exactly where you are, I can only suggest that you go to a foreign exchange place in a major metropolitan area. There are such at nearly all international airports and in the major port cities. In Houston there a couple of places in downtown as well as at Bush International Airport. Most of these places may not take coins for they are hard to transport in large quantities; however, you might give'm a try.

This is my first post here and I hope someone can assist me on getting foreign coin sets.

I work for a US manufacturer of coin dispensing machines with many foreign customers and we have a very difficult time getting foreign coin to test our machines.  UK, Euro & Japan aren't an issue.  Does anyone know how I can get current coin sets from Turkey, Poland, New Zealand or Australia ?? Any help would be appreciated.

Well let's see - you can go here and get quite a few - Coin & Currency Institute

Any of the rest you want, use this site for contact or on-line info - Mints of the World

Isn't Poland a Euro-using country?

No. Poland does not even take part in the Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM-II) and will not do so for the next couple of years. So while testing, say, Slovenian tolar coins would not make much sense any more, testing zloty pieces may still be a good idea. :ninja:

Christian

Archived