CoinPeople.com

Russian modern (zodiac) gold coins

why

Good day.

I was wondering if someone could point to me an on-line source where I can purchase these coins? Any denomination or year will do as long as they are .999 gold. A sample picture is included.

Thank you in advance.

JOPPA!!!!!!

rug2002virgo.jpg

Sorry no idea. But welcome to CP and I hope you enjoy it here. I'm sure someone will be along to answer your questions pretty soon.

Greg in http://www.chervonets.com should have some in stock. If not, you can always email him and ask if he can get hold of some particular coin for you.

I have bought from him before, and other members in this forum too, so there is no worry about his services.

Edit to add: I think the earliest Zodiac coins minted in the Russian Federation is probably in 2002, not back in 1992. This series is pretty new :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you again for the advise - I have purchased a number of nice (gold and silver) coins. (Quite nice.)

Another question - is there any collectible or even numismatic value on these or is it pretty much just bullion?

Thanks again in advance.

It's difficult to see where the trend is going right now with Russian coins but if you are to resell now, I am quite sure that you are doomed to make a loss.

But seeing that the mintage is set at 10,000 max if I am not mistaken, it might inflate the market value of such coins. But remember, these were made for ordinary Russians to invest in such coins and sold to them at relatively bargain prices. I cannot remember what the prices were when I was in Moscow but it was definately a fair bit over it's bullion value. Again it's very difficult to predict. There were times when Soviet gold coins were worth just their bullion values only to see them going at crazy prices these days (except for the Olympics commemorative coins and BU chervonetz as they were minted in some insane quantatities.)

Well, let's agree that it's worth at least bullion value there - which is a tenth of an ounce. :ninja: Greg at chervonets.com is selling it relatively close to the gold bullion value at the moment as gold prices is hitting at near 600USD or did, which amounts to 60USD in that gold coin that you have just bought. :lol:

Thanks again for your reply. I am not planning to seel these any time soon as I just acquired these of course. Just wanted to know the opinion of the "experts" as to the future potential of these.

I collect mostly old U.S. gold coins (liberties and Indiands and St. Gaudens) and a bit of the U.S. bullion coins (gold and platinum eagle.) Just wanted to know if there is a comparison.

(I also have a bunch of Morgans, Peace dollars as well as Canadian and British coins.)

I wish women had three breasts.

Archived