CoinPeople.com

Ponterio Auctions

stu62

I saw some interesting things at the latest Ponterio Auction. Their procedures are a bit more complicated than Heritage or E-bay. I was wondering if anyone has experiance good or bad with this firm? I asked them for pictures and they sent them promptly.

I've wanted to bid on their auctions before but, like you said, their procedures are "complicated" to the point of being annoying. They would get more bids if they made bidding easier!

I do get their catalogs and have bid in the past. They are very good at communications and the coins have been accurately represented. They have been the auctioneers for the CICF (sencond largest world coin show in the US) for quite some time.

I do get their catalogs and have bid in the past.  They are very good at communications and the coins have been accurately represented.  They have been the auctioneers for the CICF (sencond largest world coin show in the US) for quite some time.

As a matter of fact their current CICF auction is what interests me.

As a matter of fact their current CICF auction is what interests me.

Bid, bid away :ninja:

I'm thinking about a coin or two as well. I'll probably wait to bid until I can view the lots.

I've dealt with Ponterio on many occasions - never had a single problem. IMO they are one of the most trusted names in the business. They also have some of the most knowledgeable people in the world today for Spanish colonial.

Their recent offering of Spanish colonial is quite extensive. I will bid with confidence.

• 5 weeks later...

A post script to this thread. i won a Japanese 1 yen 1881 with a gin left countermark, about $15 less than my max bid. It arrived timely and with no problem.I'll add them to my favorites list.

Archived