CoinPeople.com

Contact Question

Art

As most of you know, I have a tradition of sending signed notes as Christmas cards. Two years ago I used 50 Intis notes and last year 10 Pesos notes. I really want to get some neat notes from say Ghana to use this year. I need about 100 notes and don't mind if they are not all the same denomination.

I've thought about just buying them on the open market, but it's way too expensive. I would have a hard time coming in below $3 per note. So I've sent emails to folks in Ghana that I've found on the national website. I've even sent an email to their central bank. I got a very nice answer saying that it's against the law to export more than 5000 Cedis. So no help there. I guess the 5000 Cedis thing will make Ghana difficult.

Any ideas?

PLAN B: Purchase a large mixed lot on ebay. I'm not in a rush but don't want to wait until Aug/Sep to start to look.

Art, would the price catalogue listed in the site here be a bit expensive for you?

http://www.pomexport.com/

That has potential. Thanks.

As most of you know, I have a tradition of sending signed notes as Christmas cards. Two years ago I used 50 Intis notes and last year 10 Pesos notes. I really want to get some neat notes from say Ghana to use this year. I need about 100 notes and don't mind if they are not all the same denomination.

I've thought about just buying them on the open market, but it's way too expensive. I would have a hard time coming in below $3 per note. So I've sent emails to folks in Ghana that I've found on the national website. I've even sent an email to their central bank. I got a very nice answer saying that it's against the law to export more than 5000 Cedis. So no help there. I guess the 5000 Cedis thing will make Ghana difficult.

Any ideas?

PLAN B: Purchase a large mixed lot on ebay. I'm not in a rush but don't want to wait until Aug/Sep to start to look.

They don't have any notes from Ghana, but take a look at www.educationalcoin.com.

They have a nice Honduars 2 lempira note, bulk lot of 100 at 38c per note. They have other notes, but this one was particularly inexpensive, and not a terribly bad looking note. Would fit well on my board along with my other 2 "Art Signature series notes".

They don't have any notes from Ghana, but take a look at www.educationalcoin.com.

They have a nice Honduars 2 lempira note, bulk lot of 100 at 38c per note.  They have other notes, but this one was particularly inexpensive, and not a terribly bad looking note.  Would fit well on my board along with my other 2 "Art Signature series notes".

That's a great potential. Price is right in line with what I was hoping to spend.

Archived