CoinPeople.com

Georgivs III Rex Coin (1769)

missny0864

I have a coin that has the head bust of Georgivs III Rex and on the other side of the coin, there is a harp with a crown on top of it. Around the coin, it bears something with the ending of ...NIA. Then I believe it has the date of 1769, the 17 being seperated from the 69 by the harp. I bought this coin at a yard sale in New York and I am wondering what is the value of this coin. Also, if I am not asking too much, I have a coin that has the head bust of Carolus III Dei Gratia, with the year of 1799. On the back of this coin, it says HISPAN ET IND REX ..., and the rest I can not make out. There is also a picture of a coat of arms of some sort with a crown on top, with 2 pillars next to the coat of arms. Is it possible that I find the value for these 2 coins. Thank you so much in adavance!! :ninja:

Pictures would help if you have them.....but

The first coin you described sounds like a 1769 Ireland 1/2 penny.

The second coin sounds like a 1799 Mexican 8 Reales.

Not sure if I am correct on these, as i don't collect them. But someone else will know more about them.

I don't know the value of either.

Welcome to CoinPeople :ninja:

Sounds like Brett is correct to me, but pictures would certainly help to make a definite attribution. If you can't post photos, can you measure the diameter of the coins, in millimeters? Might help a bit more.

Archived