CoinPeople.com

Wisconsin Quarter

bahabully

Lots of guidance in previous threads regarding the Wisconsin quarter up leaf and down leaf errors/varieties that these would be a flash in the pan and that the prices would drop to next to nothing in a relatively short period of time.

What say thee now? Still a flash in the pan or here to stay at current prices?

I just check ebay (has been about 4-6 months since I checked last):

Down leaf's - ~$150-200

Up leaf's - ~$200-300

MS 65 certified set - ~$900 buy it now

MS 67 certified set - ~$4,100 and bidding is still open,,, wow.

Prices up since that last time I checked. I got 5 of them when the fire/flash started @100 per. :ninja:

Redbook notes these are varieties in thier 2006 edition. You think they will list a value for them in 2007? Has anyone see any quarter albums with extra spaces for them yet?

It will be interesting to see what shows up in the impending

cherry pickers guide, and then how many show up in the market.

-Wondering what's going on with "quality control" at the US Mint.

-Ron

I have my doubts that there are that many collectors out there interested in varieties in general, let alone SQ varieties. But, if they are in the Redbook and make their way into albums and folders, they may have long term high prices.

Personally, I am interested to see what the entire SQ series does in 2009 and beyond. That is when the rubber will meet the road and we will find out if people are using some of this somewhat less mainstream state quarter stuff as investments, money makers, and speculation commodities or whether there is true collector interest out there for them. I suspect it is the former but I could be wrong.

Either way, they still mean nothing to me as I don't do varieties. :ninja:

I have my doubts that there are that many collectors out there interested in varieties in general, let alone SQ varieties. But, if they are in the Redbook and make their way into albums and folders, they may have long term high prices.

That is quite impressive/depressing (you chose) that a publisher or a manufacturer of coin holders can be the market maker.

I wonder if I could convince them to include a Finn coin in one of those albums, then the demand and price of one of my humble pieces would skyrocket! :ninja:

They may be market makers or market sustainers but they can certainly have an effect. Not a lot of varieties are included in the Redbook and probably even fewer in coin albums but the ones that are have an advantage over the many more that are not. Which is why I create my own albums so I can eliminate those coins that I find to be un-needed. :ninja:

How about the Feb. 7th Num. News pg. 4 where the Mint issues some line of crap as to how they were caused by "some element of the production process outside of human control" Yeah, RIGHT!!! LOLOLOLOL........

Archived