CoinPeople.com

Looking for tax token info

Hi, Poet, and welcome to CoinPeople !!!

I have never heard of any such list, but I'm no expert in that field (or any other, for that matter) but I expect if someone here knows more, they will drop by and let you know.

Good luck, and enjoy collecting !!!

Welcome to CoinPeople. I have a few tax tokens and that's about the extent of my knowledge. There's a bunch of stuff on the net about tax tokens. Try a google search? I think you'll probably find more info that you realized.

Have fun.

I'm not familiar with the reference myself, but I saw this at Stacks this evening:

Malehorn, Merlin K. and Davenport, Tim. United States Sales Tax Tokens and Stamps: A History and Catalog. Bryantown, MD. 1993. 390pp.

Price was $50. It might seem expensive now, but check out the cost of a So-Called Dollar catalog (Hibler and Kappen - $125). I paid $5 for my copy new years ago because the market was saturated. Good catalogs hold their value. I don't know if Malehorn and Davenport is good, but if you are an ANA member, you could borrow a library copy before buying one.

Does such a thing exist? It'd make my life easier if I knew what I was looking for, I'd like to gather a gob of them for the heck of it.

taxtokens.JPG

Picked this up from eBay a couple years ago, cheap. Paper back, 26 pages. Also have a supplimental Price List, made in 1989, but it does give an idea of which ones are the rare ones, and which ones are the common ones.

If you need any assistance, just ask.

Archived