CoinPeople.com

a little something different (not a banknote)

SlavicScott

Interesting. Not a winner, I assume.

Is there a banknote term equivalent of exonumia? Or does exonumia cover this type of item as well?

I like it, looks good in a currency collection. I have thought I would like to collect the Irish sweepstakes tickets sometime. My grandfather had one he carried around in his wallet that was from 1937, I wish I had it now, have no idea whatever happened to it. After he died, all I could find was a bunch of old German currency.

Interesting. Not a winner, I assume.

Is there a banknote term equivalent of exonumia? Or does exonumia cover this type of item as well?

Lotology - the study and collecting of lottery tickets and related items.

Organization

I used to be a member of this club, years ago. When my ex-wife divorced me, she had a ritual bonfire in the backyard, and burned most of my collection (about 10,000 tickets from across the US). After that, I just never had the heart to actively collect again.

One of my 'other' collections.  It needs a lot of work, but it's a start.

Oh my, I have that bookmarked. I remember my Grandfather bought these things, they were something that were sold for something like $5 each, since lotteries were illegal in some USA States back then there was a bit of a black market in these.

Oh my, I have that bookmarked.  I remember my Grandfather bought these things, they were something that were sold for something like $5 each, since lotteries were illegal in some USA States back then there was a bit of a black market in these.

As I get things sorted out and updated, I know I have several extra tickets, if you think you would be interested. I might pull them out this week-end and work on them. It is such a hodge-podge mess right now, that I struggle to get the motivation to get started.

Lotology - the study and collecting of lottery tickets and related items.

Organization

I used to be a member of this club, years ago.  When my ex-wife divorced me, she had a ritual bonfire in the backyard, and burned most of my collection (about 10,000 tickets from across the US).  After that, I just never had the heart to actively collect again.

Can't say that I blame you for losing the will to collect again. Nice site. Thanks for the info. I'd never heard of this before.

Archived