CoinPeople.com

Portuguese coins

Dan769

Dan, with the prices that some US dealers use on Portuguese coins, you shouldn't worry too much with shipping prices...

If you care to make a list of what you want and how you want it, i'll shop for you (it may take a while, tough...).

P.S. to Dave: I'll send you a PM shortly!

Jose :ninja:

Thanks Jose, what I'm looking to do is a type set of all Portuguese coins prior to 1970 in Xtra Fine and up. Some coins will have to be lower grades as they get older and pricier.

I have most of the 1932 to 1970 coins, it's the older ones that are difficult to find.

Any help websites, or otherwise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

I can send you some links of Portuguese dealers, but tell me if cleaned/wizzed coins are a problem, harsh cleaning is unfortunately a tradition over here. :ninja: (If it wasn't cleaned, i could sell the 100 reis that i have at auctionmonster.net for 60/80 Euro instead of 30...)

NEN's deals with certified coins, so they are more expensive, i'm sure i can get you a raw 50 centavos 1916 in white BU for under 20 USD... , all other Portuguese coins from their inventory are scarce.

How far back (date/kingdom) do you intend to go?

Jose ;)

I understand that cleaned coins are part of the game for older coins from all countries, it's the degree of the harshness that you have factor in.

If it is not severe, I'll consider it.

I'm going back as far as I can. Medieval times would be cool

Archived