CoinPeople.com

Flea Market Finds

Coinjoe2006

I have found some pretty nice coins at a flea market. I've managed to pick up all 4 (peace, keelboat, buffalo, and ocean in view) proof nickles, for just $10 each. And I recently swipped three different dimes. I got an 1891 dime, in ok condition. The back is better than the front. which has some slips on it. BUty ou can still make out the works and everything. I also paid $10 for that. Its my first of its kind, so I was eager to get it. Then I got a 1912 S Dime. Its in excellent condition. You can still see details in the leaves and everything, I love it, and it is also my first of its kind. Paid $3.50 for it. Then I found a 1935 S Mercury dime which is in faily well condition for $1.50. There was nothing special about it really, besides my lack for a number of them. I think I did fairly well. $55 for those 7 coins.

My best find was a few rolls of wheat pennies for $1 each. Nothing but a bunch of common dates.

Really don't find many coins at the markets I attend. The ones that are there are either low quality or grossly overpriced.

I may be out of touch here , but $10 each for those proof nickels seems kinda high. Nice finds on the other coins.

Flea markets never yield anything for me, except one time I picked up a 1883-CC in a GSA holder with all paperwork including original ordering form and reply envelope for $75.

I hardly ever find things at flea markets, though once when I was vacationing in Rome I stopped at a flea market and there was a coin dealer there. I ended up buying an 1867 French 5-Franc coin, about the size of a silver dollar. I thing I paid 15,000 lira for it, which at the time was about $9.

I may be out of touch here , but $10 each for those proof nickels seems kinda high. Nice finds on the other coins.

Flea markets never yield anything for me, except one time I picked up a 1883-CC in a GSA holder with all paperwork including original ordering form and reply envelope for $75.

They were worth it to me :ninja: I was actually expecting to pay more for the peace nickle and the keelboat nickle being that they were from 2004...but they were the same price as the 2005s

Never thought about it to be honest but thanks for the idea! :ninja:

About your Nickels, there is a neat little section you can post where you want to buy something. I got a GREAT deal on 2 1909 VDB wheaties from a member here. I also have gotten some cool coins from Italy. There are some really great members on this board that will look out for you, just something for you to remember.

Great find on the nickels though, I save everyone I get in change which isn't many.

They were worth it to me ;) I was actually expecting to pay more for the peace nickle and the keelboat nickle being that they were from 2004...but they were the same price as the 2005s

Good point. In this hobby something is worth what someone wants to pay. People pay super prices for beautiful toned coins and coins with error's and die marriages etc...

So if your are happy with it, cool :ninja:

Just be careful though.Because you can get ripped at a flea market if you dont know what it is you are buying. I bought a 1988 proof set becaues it was the year I was born. I paid $20 for it and got ripped off. Little did I know I could go to ebay and get it for about $6 or $7. I havent shopped with that person since.

Archived