CoinPeople.com

What am I?

Burks

This is not my coin but my girlfriend's. No idea what it is or where it came from. Weight I'm not sure of but it is rather heavy (like silver). Not sure if it really is silver or not....need a scale for that. Size is that off a silver dollar. I was thinking just a generic 1oz silver bullion coin.

Any ideas?

Erica2.jpg

Erica.jpg

Not a coin, but a silver round. One usually sees these in proof with the designs often being clip-art like. This one is not bad. I actually like that it is toned and has been handled. I have not info on its origins though, sorry.

I meant round, typed it out really quick before we did laundry.

It does have some toning around the top of the obverse, mainly purples and reds. Scanner really didn't pick that up well.

Thanks for the info Mr.Lee. It was helpful.

That brings back a lot of memories! As I recall, Englehard launched the American Prospector coin as a silver investment/numismatic product shortly after silver peaked, as a way to keep the metals popular with average investors and collectors. At that time there were no American silver bullion coins, only Mexican onzas, so it filled a market gap which was quickly displaced by the American Silver Eagle program in 1986.

The Englehard "prospector" design was cribbed from an American coin, the 1925 California Commemorative Half Dollar.

http://www.coinfacts.com/commemoratives/ha...half_dollar.htm

Archived